TE transfer

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TexasFight86, Dec 17, 2021.

1. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

I don’t get it. He was the next guy up after 80.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Time for Sanders to step up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Guess that Burnt Ends money wasn’t enough.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ever consider the educrats wouldn't let him in the grad school program he wanted?

5. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

He may be back

6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

One day we will look back on the time when a few football players were also pursuing an education, smile fondly at those innocent and virtuous days, then return to crowing about the recent natty we bought won

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I joked to my wife a couple days ago that we will forever be thought of as the New York Yankees of college football. Hated as the team that has the best players money can buy with the highest payroll. When we win people will talk about how we bought the championship and when we lose everyone will laugh at us for having the highest payroll yet still can't win a championship. We already get some hate for having everything but can't win. Moving forward expect that to be magnified times 100. Like it or not we might just become the most hated team in the country for it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

If money was all it took to be good, Harvard would be the best team in the nation. Most people already hate us, so whats a few more?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Different money with different intentions. I think it will be more than a few.

10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Don’t think it will change one way or the other. Like many pull against Ala, IF we start winning, a few will shift to us in addition to those who already hate us. Personally I don’t think the ‘buying’ the best will change the landscape of the top 7 or 8 that much, heck Jackson State got a 5 star. It’s just going to cost more.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Damn, y'all make me feel older than I should. I remember Third Ward buying the best DL in the state for $4,000 and $800/month to his mother.

Then a few years later, SMU became the first school to buy a house for a mother and get her a better job. That house probably cost about $125,000 back then.

Now we are talking 6/7 figures for kids that haven't done a damn thing.

:brickwall:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

"SMU became the first school to buy a house for a mother and get her a better job. "

Barry Switzer says hold my beer.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Excellent point. The standard saying in that era was that ou players didn't turn out early to the NFL because they didn't want to take the pay cut.

14. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

And Southlake said, Barry watch this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Vol Horn 4 Life

OU has a long and distinguished history of this. Anyone remember Brandon Everage? All American safety at OU? He was the QB on the 1A state champion Granger Lions just a few minutes from where I live. He was a hell of an athlete and very poor. Shortly after signing with OU his mom moved into a new house and was driving a brand new Cadillac. It was the talk of the town for several years.

16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Who is third ward? Jackie Sherrill?

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Houston

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Wiley confuses me. Is he a Casey guy? Casey is a grad transfer. What about Wiley?

19. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Thems were the high days of cheating back in the SWC. Aggy bought Dickerson a car and he still went to SMU.

We were pikers. We only got caught with some booster buying Marcus Dupree a pair of cowboy boots.

20. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

LOL aggy getting jilted even when cheating, that is so aggy

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That wasn't the only car the Aggies "lost". There was an infamous Cutlass parked by Moore-Hill for four years.

Anybody know this guy?

FWIW, Marcus' mother had given him money, but Fred didn't want him to spend it until his mother approved it. The salesman at Shepler's let him walk out in the boots.

22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Who put the suitcases in the trunk?

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have no idea about the Cutlass. Not for one minute do I believe the guy who claims to have driven the TransAm with the suitcases to Sealy. Never ran into the guy until about 2018, and he was bragging about it.

24. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

So he walked out with $300 boots and a certain former Coach just happened to leave $300 by the register?

25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That never happened. First of all, they weren't $300. Secondly, they were charged on an American Express card.

26. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Sounds like maybe it was your AmEx card? You seem to know way to many details.

27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

ME? I'm sure my calendar reflects I was in Harris County that day.

• Like Like x 1
  28. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

Then there was RB Kenneth Davis in the 80's (from Temple, TX)

TCU coach Jim Wacker booted Davis and six other players off the team for accepting cash payments from boosters. Davis has estimated receiving $38,000 while at TCU.

SWC back then was the wild wild west.

29. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Like it or not we might just become the most hated team in the country for it.

based on the number of schools and clueless fans throwing Horns down, we may already be that team....amazing that many of these jokers have no idea why they are throwing Horns down, they probably see it so they do it......it's nationwide!!!!

30. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Yes but they were not as accomplished at it as that team north of the Red. Trying to compete with those guys and doing it legally was not easy. Enter the likes of Ron Meyer. SWC had some dirty programs but it has always p-ssed me off when my OU friends gloat over how the SWC went upside just doing the same sh- t that was being done in spades in OK.
    I was living in iOK City during those years……not fun.