Tech Defense SUUUUUUCKS

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by killerfrog17, Oct 18, 2008.

1. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

2. TheBestPoster

TheBestPoster 100+ Posts

They really do.

3. UTFanFromAZ

UTFanFromAZ 250+ Posts

I am watching the gamecast...pathetic so far by the sand aggy

4. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

The actual broadcast is even worse than the gamecast.

5. dahobbs

dahobbs 100+ Posts

Despite the dire predictions about A&M, they've impressed me offensively the last few games. They tend to turn the ball over early and get down big, but against both K-State and Okie State they moved the ball pretty well in the second half. Their defense isn't that good, but they can put up points.

6. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

tt gave up a total of 306 yards to the ags (37 total in the second half).

nothing to write home about but not an awful performance either. oklahoma state gave up for more to the ags as an example, as did ksu.

this is a nice example of the fact "the tt defense is awful" mantra is something of a self fulfilling prophecy. 306 yards is not a bad effort.

7. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

NO DEFENSE!!!

8. JimKoolaidJones

JimKoolaidJones < 25 Posts

a few weeks ago, i was more worried about the TT game than OSU. now? not so much.

here, we see the sand aggy's strong safety relaxing pregame.

[​IMG]

9. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

A respectable defensive effort by Tech, but considering that aggy only manages 349 ypg on average anyway, nothing spectacular.

On the other hand, if Tech manages to hold Texas, OU, and/or OSU to 306 yards, THEN that will be something to crow about.

10. BreakPoint778

BreakPoint778 25+ Posts

Holding any team to 32 total yards in the 2nd half is pretty impressive, especially since 15 of those yards came on the final play. Techs D played horrible in the 1st half but regrouped and played well in the 2nd to make it a decent showing.

11. Mr. Football

Mr. Football 100+ Posts

Good 2nd half adjustments by Tech.