Tech Game Thread(hope the mods won't ban me)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TexaninOregon, Sep 18, 2010.

1. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

Mack is 4-3 in Lubbock. How many other head coaches (current coaches) have a winning record in Lubbock?

not Tubby.

2. UT Longhorn

UT Longhorn 500+ Posts

3. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

4. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I understand about getting the win in Lubbock and the like, but this team will get pasted....ok, with our defense we won't get PASTED...but we will lose to ou and Nebraska for sure.

I am just finding it very hard to be satisfied with getting a win in a game we should have dominated on the scoreboard, but all I can do is keep supporting this team and hope. They have earned at least that much from me. [​IMG]

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG] National Championship caliber defense tonight. They covered up a ton of offensive mistakes.

6. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

Not pretty, but a W in Lubbock. We have a lot of work to do on the offense. However, our D will keep us in every game. Unbelievable effort by our D. Our offense is a work in progress, but we have to remember we are very young on offense. i think that this team will surprise a few people.

7. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

It seemed to me that the defense really cranked it up after Sheffield came in for Potts in the 2nd half, ran the ball on his first play and got up talking smack to the Texas players. I think they knocked the crap out of him on the next two plays and it was downhill from there.

8. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

OU struggled with Air Force, AT HOME. Texas just won by 10 on the road in Lubbock. You want to know the last time OU beat Tech in Lubbock by 10 or more? 2003.

The Horns have plenty to work on, especially on offense, but acting like OU is some invincible opponent looks completely silly right now.

(Which is why I expect all of the mediots at ESPN to do precisely that between now and our game against them in two weeks)

9. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

10. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Dude, of course those are the most rational places for losses. I just hoped that our offense would have improved more so I would feel like we had a legitimate shot to win those games.

Honestly, I'm a bit spoiled with all the success we've had offensively the past several years. I'll just have to get used to the fact that this year it's going to be the defense that will carry us.

11. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

The defense gives Texas a legitimate shot to win every game including NU and OU. The offense will continue to grow and remember both OU and NU have issues of their own.

I really thought tonight was heading to a loss but Texas found a way to win, dont count this team out of any game. [​IMG]

12. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

I got spoiled by the great offenses they've had too, but damn, it's really nice having a defense that is as dominating as the one they have right now. I plan on enjoying that just as much as I did the those previous offenses. [​IMG]

13. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

The defense has to, and will, carry this team until the offense finds its way....and I for one think they will do that soon. And is it okay to say how much man-love I have for Jackson Jeffcoat? [​IMG]

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts