Tech Game Tonight

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by dukesteer, Feb 1, 2022.

1. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

We just seem like a bunch of timid p****** tonight, and it’s got me steaming. We knew what we were getting into going into this game. We’re being completely out hustled, out-toughed, and out smarted. So far it’s like a high school team against a college team.

I don’t coach college basketball but if I did I’ll pull these guys to the sideline and tell them to pull their heads out of their a**** and get in the game. You’re just as big and you’re just as tough as these guys are but you’re letting them push you around. It’s embarrassing. That’s what Bobby Knight would have done, and a Bobby Knight’s team wouldn’t be pushed around like this.

Show some manhood. Maybe they will. I’ll believe it when I see it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I wrote this in Sand Aggies thread...

"Lol, Final Four early, then they suck ***, win a few and back to Final Four, suck early tonight, so they suck *** again.

Amirite?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I pretty much told the wife the same while watching. Soft as hell. Seems to run in the water in the athletic department these days down in Austin, no matter the sport.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

To be candid, so far the Beard hype has been unjustified. Very disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

I’ll keep saying it. It’s the AD. Evidently when he walks into Pierce’s office, he’s told to FO and go away.

6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

And this the problem at Texas. Beard took over a pathetic program and we're losing at Tech so the response is that Beard is under performing. Beard created this wild environment at Tech and this team has done an admirable job of not getting blown out tonight given how emotional and intense everything was at the start. This team was put together with the best possible players Beard could get thru the portal. They played hard to the end and I'll give him and them the benefit of the doubt.

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

For Tech this was the Superbowl. Probably their biggest game in YEARS.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Since 2019 Championship Game.

• Hot Hot x 1
  9. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I'd say this was bigger. The vitriol and intensity from Tech nation for this game was ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

'sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you,'

11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

12. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I’m starting to think you may be onto something here unfortunately.

13. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

The fans also remember that our sad football program hung 70 on them a few months ago

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

For those pooping me, have we had one (defined as a) quality win this year? I don’t think so. Not from a tournament perspective.

15. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

With tech, we are always their biggest game. Its basically penis envy. The people of lubbock are almost rabid because its such a wasteland. They hate hearing how no one ever wants to go there but its the truth. Therefore, anytime they can somehow get a win against TEXAS, its nirvana. Think about crabtrees big catch back in 08 in football. Its a diseased environment and has been for 50+ years. I was never happy about beard to begin with but he has also had to build a team from the portal. I hope I am wrong but maybe this year was an anomoly and he can build a true team. They are more than descent on D which is better than shaka but they just have no offense and no shooters. All this BS about look how athletic they are, who cares if they cant hit an open shot and have no true offense. Its not as bad as the nba but its close.

16. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Yeah, some are a little delusional about this team. I do trust in Beard, but nothings gonna happen this year.

17. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Am I to understand that other programs STILL look at playing mediocre Texas as their super bowl game? Is that right?

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

They really need to raise the bar a bit I mean have some self-respect. :whiteflag:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

TexGrad post.....'I'd say this was bigger. The vitriol and intensity from Tech nation for this game was ridiculous.'

add to this....all of the Lubbck community was rediculously intense since last Saturday and even 10-15 days before

Premium tix were going for $$11000 each as of 2 weeks ago

Friend sold his (they couldn't go due to being out of state) 2 tix on 1/17 for more $$$ than he paid for the very good season tickets.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

We still have a ways to go. The lack of defensive acuity late in the 1st half just doomed us, and it was nearly impossible to overcome.

I don't mind losing in Lubbock, but I sure hope we can put something together in order to split with them. It's funny how losing on the road to the #13 team in the country has become the "UNACCEPTABLE!" level for a team that had like 10 wins a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  21. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I don't know what you mean, "nothings gonna happen this year." If you mean not in the final four or elite 8, yes I agree. But not many had those expectations anyway.
    However, if you mean get into the NCAA tourney and win a game--which hasn't happened in 5 years, then I disagree. We should win a game, maybe even two with a bit of luck, in the March Dance