@ Tech

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Horns11, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

God awful shooting. Just pitiful so far. No movement either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Tech reminds me of the best Barnes teams from like 2004-08. They're unafraid of anything the other team puts out there on offense, and they have good guards to distribute the ball.

3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Coleman is just... wow.

4. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Tough to see how much better coached the Tech team looks than us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Offensively, this has got to be the most individual performance rather than team play I've seen all season. And that's saying a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

Tech has the loudest rims I’ve ever heard. Maybe they have microphones close to the rims or something, but it’s just weird how loud the rim rattles every time the ball touches the rim.

7. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I thought this was one of his worst games. A lot of turnovers, few assists, poor shot selection and low shooting percentage.

i would put this as one of Shaka's worst games. (I know, there is some stiff competition for worst coached games.) Even the announcers couldn't understand why no sets and screens were set for Febres, our best shooter. The lack of motion on our offense was amazing.

Beard's team is so disciplined, so well prepared. We did get to see a decent motion offense, just wearing the wrong uniform.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

One of the people behind the bench was telling me that Smart saw Ramey's problems with the ball early and decided that it would be better to tank the game by forcing Coleman to do everything rather than have Ramey get embarrassed on the road. Either way, our team is a **** show of poor decision making skills and a lack of basketball IQ. Very similar to the football era of like 2010-2017.

9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

It appeared to me that Coleman (with his 6 TO's and 1 assist) embarrassed himself on the road, and Shaka embarrassed himself as well. Beard so clearly outcoached Smart.
    If you gave Beard our players, and Smart took the ttu players, Beard's record would be the same or better this year, and Smart's would be worse. Beard is head and shoulders above Smart in getting the best from his players while teaching discipline and BB IQ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

100% agree with this statement. I thought the exact same thing watching the game.

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I said it after the first Tech game and I'll say it again. If/when Shaka leaves, I hope we make a run at Beard.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Finally Kansas was beatable, but we had to suck again

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Beard is a UT grad

• Like Like x 1
  14. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Beard is far superior in all aspects of the game over SS, not even close. Some Raider fans are concerned that Beard will end up at UT.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Local radio suggests if we don't make a move on Beard after this season he may not be available next year. They are thinking aggy might make a run at him.

16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Has Texas gotten over the last head coach who went to Texas that they stole from Tceh (David McWilliams)?

17. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I have gotten over it. Apples and oranges. No real comparison in my mind between the two coaches and the situations.

18. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

i don't think Shaka will get fired this year, unless the team loses to tcu and then loses the first game in the B12 tourney.

If he gets canned this year then I would expect the horns to interview Beard.

19. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

You're assuming Beard would want to interview with UT which I don't think is a given at all.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think he came up as a grad assistant under Penders
    But I dont know of any ill will he has towards UT

• Like Like x 1
  21. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

^^^Yes, you are correct on both counts. My assumption, and your belief that he might not be interested.
    However, if it falls as I assumed, I do think Beard would be a good hire. On the other hand, I thought Shaka was a good hire. The bottom line: I know nothing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

I certainly don't claim to know for sure how interested Beard would or would not be in UT.

Just know he's being well paid right now, Tech is in the midst of building him some really nice basketball facilities per his specifications, his kids are in Abilene, girlfriend is a head coach there in Lubbock and he's lived in Lubbock for 14 years now and so on.

Just saying Tech checks a lot of the boxes for him.

• Like Like x 1
  23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

This ^^^ is true. ttu is treating him well. I did not know all of the boxes they had checked. They will make it hard for him to leave. ttu may be his last stop on the coaching carousel.