Ted Nugent Being Investigated by Secret Service

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Perham1, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

The Tedster evidently made a comment that if Obama is re-elected then he (Nugent) will either be dead or in jail.

Anyway, it was interpreted as a threat on the President's life.

Ted, your 15 minutes were up a long time ago. Shut your pie hole, help the troops, kill Bambi, and shut up about the rest of the stuff.

It's not cool for anybody to make veiled threats like this.

2. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Clearly the Secret Service has much bigger problems than an old rocker past his prime.

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Maybe they're investigating where the best hookers were when Ted used to tour.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I think this is a case of trying to deflect away from their fiasco.

I doubt Ted needed hookers when he was touring. There would have been plenty of free from groupies.

5. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Pocket change compared to the absolute 'fail' that was the Sec Svc effort to protect Obama while he was in Columbia.

The callous disregard for his safety exhibited by the team in Columbia is stunning.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

gecko
    what they did was absolutely positively beyond stupid and they all should be fired.
    BUT I actually do believe they were doing their job while the POTUS was around. I do not doubt for a second that they did less than their usual job.

all this happened prior to BO being there. It is so amazingly stupid on their part. They will lose their jobs and i hope any pension.
    but I do not think that they backed away from protecting POTUS while he was there.

7. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Its been reported that there were copies of Obama's itinerary and planned locations on documents in the hotel rooms. Really...? What the f'ing F...! That is outrageous.

This sh** stinks no matter who the President is (Lord knows I'm no fan of the O).

I score this to more of the "I work for the government, you can't touch me mentality" that's been building for years then anything else.

8. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Clearly Ted Nugent affects my everyday life and directly influences my thought processes and my values as an American. Thanks for the PSA.

9. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

That ol rock and roll relic has really stepped in it, this time.

10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

It wasn't the "dead or in jail" line that pissed them off, it was the "chop their ******* heads off" line.

Nugent represents pretty much everything the average American should hate. Didn't pay his child support. Dodged the draft. Had babies out of wedlock. So on and so forth. Any GOP member who "identifies" with him is kidding themselves about his star status.

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

since the Op didn't provide a link those who posted were responding to what the OP said Ted said.
    i didn't see any posts suggesting Ted was some sort of star and don't know anyone who thinks Ted is relevant or has been for 25 years

THus it looks like this was done by the SS to defuse some of the crap that is coming out about them.

You said he said something else but you didn't post a link either

No matter Ted Nugent is a has been and i wonder that anyone actually read what he wrote until the SS made him a news topic

12. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I may have jumped the gun with my accusation that Presidential schedules and locations were kept in a hotel room. I'll hold my fire until this is established as fact.

My bad.

13. HammerOfTheHorns

HammerOfTheHorns 100+ Posts

Somebody should get this guy in a stranglehold and put an end to this free for all. [​IMG]

14. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sat
    so Nugent sats he will be dead or in a jail if BO is reelected
    and the SS thinks this is a threat?

Please
    even you know better
    unless You need to keep the " threat ' going

16. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

Nice Hammer of the Horns!! My first rock concert was Ted Nugent in 1976 on his Free For All tour, he opened with Stranglehold. I was never the same after going to a rock concert, LOL!

The Motor City Madman is clearly pissed about the direction of the govt., as well many of us should be, but he needs to control his voice on those kinds of threat, whether just blowing of steam or in seriousness. I don't care for the Obama Admin. either, but I can't go around saying **** like that in a public forum and not expect repercussions.

Maybe Ted needs another Journey to the Center of the Mind to get his head straight.

17. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

Who is more hateful? Jeremiah Wright or Nugent? Which one is more patriotic?

18. WhitmanSampler

WhitmanSampler 250+ Posts

Don't really know Nugent, so did some internet searching. Fascinating story about the 30 year old Nugent and his 17 year old "ward". I guess Nugent is sympatico with the more non-mainstream Mormon customs concerning older men and minor girls. Family values, man.
    Perhaps someone needs to tell him that Mitt is not into that branch of Mormonism.

19. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

For most patriotic, my vote goes to The Most Reverend Wright:

A Real Man:

In 1961, a young African-American man, after hearing President John F. Kennedy's challenge to, 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country,' gave up his student deferment, left college in Virginia and voluntarily joined the Marines.

In 1963, this man, having completed his two years of service in the Marines, volunteered again to become a Navy corpsman. (They provide medical assistance to the Marines as well as to Navy personnel.)

The man did so well in corpsman school that he was the valedictorian and became a cardiopulmonary technician. Not surprisingly, he was assigned to the Navy's premier medical facility, Bethesda Naval Hospital, as a member of the commander in chief's medical team, and helped care for President Lyndon B. Johnson after his 1966 surgery.

For his service on the team, which he left in 1967, the White House awarded him three letters of commendation.

What is even more remarkable is that this man entered the Marines and Navy not many years after the two branches began to become integrated.

While this young man was serving six years on active duty, Vice President Dick Cheney, who was born the same year as the Marine/sailor, received five deferments, four for being an undergraduate and graduate student and one for being a prospective father.

Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, both five years younger than the African-American youth, used their student deferments to stay in college until 1968. Both then avoided going on active duty through family connections.

Who is the real patriot? The young man who interrupted his studies to serve his country for six years or our three political leaders who beat the system? Are the patriots the people who actually sacrifice something or those who merely talk about their love of the country?

After leaving the service of his country, the young African-American finished his final year of college, entered the seminary, was ordained as a minister, and eventually became pastor of a large church in one of America's biggest cities. Who was this man?

This man is Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the retired pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ.

The Link

It must be noted that sometime during the above timeline, Nugent, was having babies and not taking care of them

20. HammerOfTheHorns

Delights me watching people get bent out of shape and desperately trying to make an issue of the fevered prattle of a rock guitarist who wears a fox tail. This is a serious and relevant public issue, dammit! Hehe. [​IMG]

21. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

The manufactured brouhaha over Hillary Rosen's comments must have driven you to distraction.

22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Hammer, do you realize he and Rush are the leaders of the right wing movement? [​IMG]

23. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Secret Service got a little Cat Scratch Fever? Lay off The Nuge! [​IMG]

24. HammerOfTheHorns

I dunno. Was she exhorting the masses to indulge in partisan beheadings as well? [​IMG]

By the way, one could almost read your comments as equating this bit of attempted rabble rousing with what you yourself concede was a "manufactured" uproar. [​IMG]

25. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Look, if any of us make poorly--veiled threats on the president's life we're going to be subject to secret service investigations. We all know that Nugent is well armed and competent in the use of weapons. His public statements don't exactly inspire confidence in his mental or emotional stability.

26. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Nugent's cool, enjoying and execising his freedom of speech.
    Libs hate him and want to shut him up.
    I find it interesting that Rev Wright changed LBJ's bedpan.

27. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

28. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I don't think the libs want to shut Nugent up. I think his presence on the stage of the Natiional Rifle Association meeting provides an important message to the public. For all the good it does (and it does a lot to promote gun safety) the NRA politically empowers folks with some pretty nutty ideas.

29. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

As a progressive partisan, I want this guy front and center for the NRA, Romney, the GOP. This kind of hate is hard to find outside of the right wing mind. Consider:

In 1990, for example, Nugent told the Detroit Free Press magazine that "apartheid isn't that cut and dry. All men are not created equal. The preponderance of South Africa is a different breed of man. I mean that with no disrespect. I say that with great respect. I love them because I'm one of them. They are still people of the earth, but they are different. They still put bones in their noses, they still walk around naked, they wipe their butts with their hands....These are different people. You give 'em toothpaste, they f---ing eat it...I hope they don't become civilized. They're way ahead of the game." In the same interview Nugent expounded on his racial views, "I use the word n----r a lot because I hang around with a lot of n----rs, and they use the word n----r, and I tend to use words that communicate...."

30. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Is Ted channeling Barry Goldwater?

I kid, I kid.