Tell me somethin' good...

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by TheWalkingHorn, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Pretty cool
    This is Mars

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Martians have learned that it is common courtesy to rake the bunkers. There is hope on the horizon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I retweeted him -- he owes me some nuggets

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I like this a billion times.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Funny twitter comment about the kid tweeting for chicken nuggets (@Joe Fan post above).

• Like Like x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"When Andy Mitchell spotted a young man in a fast food uniform walking along the side of a road on a 95-degree summer day in Rockwall, Texas, he felt compelled to pull over.

He rolled down his window and offered the man, a 20-year-old named Justin Korva, a ride -- not knowing how much that small gesture would impact the man's life.

While driving the Korva to work at Taco Casa, Mitchell discovered the young man normally walked 3 miles to work and home again every day. Korva said he was determined to save up money and someday, he hoped, he would be able to afford a car.

After dropping off Korva, Mitchell posted about the man's determination on Facebook.

"To all the people that say they want to work but can't find a job or don't have a vehicle all I can say is you don't want it bad enough," Mitchell wrote.

Hundreds of people in the community saw his post, including Samee Dowlatshahi, owner of Samee's Pizza Getti Italian Bistro & Lounge in Rockwell.

Dowlatshahi offered to put a donation box inside his pizza joint to aid Korva in his quest to buy a car.

In less than 48 hours, with some help from Mitchell, they'd raised more than $5,500.

That's when Danny Rawls, general sales manager at Toyota of Rockwall and a friend of Dowlatshahi, heard Korva's inspiring story.

"I presented it to my general manager and said, 'Hey, let's help the kid. It seems like a great story,'" Rawls told CBS News.

His boss agreed, and the pair reduced the price on a 2004 Toyota Camry that was available.

"I sent [Dowlatshahi] a private message and said, 'Give me a call. I have a nice car that would work for the kid,'" Rawls explained.

Not only did they have enough money to buy the car, they had enough left over to pay for his insurance for a year, plus two years' worth of oil changes and a $500 gas card.

Last Friday, they drove the white 2004 Camry to Taco Casa and asked Korva to come outside.

"Justin, you can't imagine all the people who wanted to help you," Mitchell said, as several people filmed the exchange on their cellphones in the restaurant parking lot. "So, instead of walking to work, buddy, you're driving this car from now on."

Korva looked at Mitchell in disbelief, "Are you serious?"

"It's your car! This is your car," Mitchell repeated.........

[​IMG]

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/strange...xas-heat/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=39171709

• Like Like x 2
  24. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

So awesome. With all the negativity in the world remember that there are good people doing things like this every day.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

My niece is going to that dog rescue in Costa Rica this week

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  27. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 2
  28. LonghornCatholic