Terrelle Pryor / Russell Shepard

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by jt09, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

In Shepard's comments after Junior Day, he mentioned the possiblity of going to Michigan if Pryor didn't.

Last night on the way home (around 5:30), 1300 reported that Pryor had cut Michigan and Oregon and was only looking at Penn State and tOSU now.

Anyone know where I can find confirmation of that?

2. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

3. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Found the answer elsewhere.

Recruiting: Pryor down to Ohio State, Penn State

The nation's number one recruit, quarterback Terrelle Pryor, has removed Michigan and Oregon from his short list. That leaves only Ohio State and Penn State.

Four days ago he said that he would make his decision known at 12:05 on Tender Day , Wednesday the 6th. He did not.

He has now ruled out Michigan and Oregon. The decision would be bad for anybody, but it is particularly bad for the Wolverines, who don't have a suitable quarterback available for next season.

Worse still, Rodriguez' recruiting antics over the past few weeks have offended the entire conference. There is considerable speculation that what he has done may be working against him.
    Recruiting ethics, plus missing documents at West Virginia, have raised red flags across the country.

The Link

4. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

Rich just needs to disappear..

5. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

What he needs to do is sign Pryor so we can keep Shepard.

6. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Rich Rodriguez is, what I like to call, a douchebag.

7. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Go to Penn State, my friend. It's a much classier program, and campus, and institution, and even a greater stadium in which to play. Beaver Stadium in State College sounds a whole lot better than The Shoe in Columbus.

I've heard it's even safer to walk around the place in Jo Pa's digs.

8. goat

goat 250+ Posts

Have you met PSU folk or been to a game there.....not trying to defend the couch burners....but midwest folk are midwest folk......its like saying alabama is classier than auburn....tomato tomatoe.

9. TexasIsBetter

TexasIsBetter 100+ Posts

serious question, i may be out of the loop, but what are the recruiting antics that has everyone pissed off at him?

10. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

11. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

IMHO, Texas landing Shepard really doesn't have a whole lot to do with Michigan and Pryor.

12. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

Shepard says it does.

13. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Four factors I will be curious to see play out:
    1. RS's stated lack of fear of competition
    2. RS's subsequent and partially contradictory statement that depth charts might influence his decision (though still tempered by statement that all he wants is a chance)
    3. GG to Texas/ TP scratching Michigan
    4. Massive negative recruiting against Michigan and RR which I foresee by third parties (not us)

Incidentally, I wonder how smart Mallett feels for jumping ship now that the guy who was supposedly going to bump him is out of the picture?

14. UTeed

UTeed 100+ Posts

15. 7870Horn

7870Horn < 25 Posts

16. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Out of that whole crowd, no opposition to the beer-can barrage. Sad.

17. UTeed

UTeed 100+ Posts

I guess things have changed in 15 years. I yield to You tube.
    Someone stepped on my tomatoe. How ironic that happened to tOSU fans. Does You tube reach Lubbock?

18. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

No matter the pronunciation, it is still.... TOMATO....!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

kgp...I think Mallett feels very smart about leaving MU. RR's system is 180 from the type of QB Mallett is. He decided to transfer the day Rodriguez came on board. What I do find a bit curious is his decision to go to Arky, unless they promised to mold their system around him.

[​IMG]

20. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

21. UnBiased Horn

UnBiased Horn 250+ Posts

Petrino's system with Brohm would be something that could work for Mallet.

22. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

23. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

Perhaps I should have clarified my statement. IMHO, Shepard's decision on where to attend school will be based more on what happens at Texas than what happens at Michigan.

24. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

25. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

26. Zeke73

Zeke73 25+ Posts

The Link

Shepherd's video interview
    He talks about the various schools that he is looking at and it has some nice videos from various games.

27. Austin10

Austin10 100+ Posts

Wasn't he the one saying he had no depth chart issues because anywhere he would go, there would be competition?

Just curious. Hope he chooses the good guys

28. Pimpology

Pimpology 100+ Posts

He'll probably look at if we give Chiles a chance to play in meaningful situations this year, and how well we perform as a team (program prestige). If we mess up in either area, why would he want to come to Texas?

29. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

I just really don't see Shepard coming here.

30. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts