Tesla

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Dionysus, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Cocky + Relaxed Admin

Stock is on quite a run over the past six months (1-year chart below). I saw a recent report about some hedge funds who had been shorting TSLA pretty aggressively and lost that bet big time.

My brother in law has a Tesla and I took it for a spin not long ago. The thing is absolutely silent and drives like a dream.

tesla.png

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 Half of seeming clever is keeping your mouth shut.

Trump said Tesla is a "Genius" we must protect.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dionysus

This stock is nuts — up over 11% again today.

Short sellers are out nearly $6 billion in January.

tsla.png

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dionysus

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada Liquor Man

Time to sell and take your profits.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

7. Dionysus

I wish!

I’ve been watching some news on this and TSLA’s run keeps grabbing headlines. I don’t understand the stock market very well so I’m not sure what is behind it.

8. mb227

mb227 2,500+ Posts

That 17.52% short interest as of a few weeks ago is just insane...I am curious JUST how much of this recent spike is a short squeeze, after which the bottom falls back out and it retreats into the $500'ish range.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. Dionysus

Crazy run for $TSLA right now

11. nashhorn

nashhorn 2,500+ Posts

Another on the long list of wish I’d bought.

12. mb227

mb227 2,500+ Posts

Daytraders who bought yesterday are taking a bath today...although it has recovered somewhat and is back around $740 right now. It was down as low as roughly $700 earlier in the day, after closing yesterday just shy of $900.

13. Dionysus

I read somewhere yesterday that the run was likely not a short squeeze but probably FOMO (fear of missing out). I don’t know if that’s true but thought it was interesting.

Long term though I think Tesla may have some legs. They have aspirations for an autonomous taxi network, and no other company comes close on the amount of road data that Tesla has collected for AI. Musk spoke about that in a recent interview.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chop

Chop 2,500+ Posts

It took a dive today, and the bubble may burst further before it bounces back. Long term it's a good looking company.