Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by CoachMc, Mar 16, 2020.

1. CoachMc

CoachMc 25+ Posts

Whyyyyy????

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Because they are dumb asses that have made almost every mistake an organization can make, starting with hiring Charlie Diasasterly, then that total dumbass for an OC (worse than Greg Davis or Beck ever thought about being), using the #1 pick to take Mario Williams, who wasn't even the best DL on his college team, but also took plays, quarters and games off. Under the category of "blind squirrel", they have found Watt and a couple of good players. Keeping O'Brine as HC falls under the category of "stupid ****", but making him GM screams "We don't have a ******* clue".

Bob McNair was a nice man, but the people on his payroll are ridiculously clueless.

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  3. CoachMc

CoachMc 25+ Posts

No joke! I’m thinking maybe I need to look into being a Saints fan, but the NFL in general has pretty much lost my interest. Just shaking my head, at the Texans..

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I refuse to call them "Texans"! They are not Texans, and the only team I give that honor is the one Lamar Hunt owned, not the one that became the Baltimore Colts and certainly not that crap out on Kirby.

I refer to them as the "KKK", Kirby Kretin Korp. But, then, I don't watch them & certainly don't cheer for them.

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wait Part 2 of the trade is announced. I hear Part is Houston trading J.J. Watt plus 4 number 1 picks to the Cowboys for Zeke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

7. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

DeAndre and Bill O'Brian did not get along. The Texans made Bill the General Mgr. this year besides being the head coach. It would have been better to trade Bill instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nobody else in the league is stupid enough to take him; probably not the XFL. WWE, or D-1

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

WRs are a bit overrated in this league, but so are RBs - and he didn't even get a good one (3.5 ypc the last two season). And the draft picks? A single second rounder is all else they got? That's not gonna replace what they lost.

Now if he saves enough salary by this to make a slew of good free agent upgrades, then great, but somehow I don't suspect that will happen.

10. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

And I thought Jerrah was a nitwit.........O'Brien is clueless!

11. lkainer2

lkainer2 First Time Poster

Bill Obrien is an idiot. Watson needs to get out before he gets killed. I feel bad for JJ.

12. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I never liked the Texans, now I regard them down in the Texas A&M category. Kretin’s as SabreHorn said! I’de rather watch Junior High Football.

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Tom Brady's last pass as a Patriot, and DeAndre Hopkins' last pass as a Texan, both resulted in a touchdown by the team playing against the Patriots.

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

AC,

We joke about A&M, tease them, make fun of them, some even hate them, but comparing them to McNair's minions is cruel and would seem to surpass the civility of this board's rules.

You are a good poster, let's try to keep the insults within the bounds of civility suitable for an R rating.

:hookem2:

• Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  15. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I am offended

that this dude has my name.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Sooo, I read the old Classic threads from 2006 about how the Texans would have had a good 2006 draft if not for not picking VY.............which led to 500 posts of _________ would have been good if not for ________. Y’all need to re-read that stuff, hilarious.

Example: Pompeii would have been an awesome place to hang out or live if not for that pesky Volcano!

Texans have been ******* up drafts for about 18 years. Why stop now?

• Like Like x 1
  17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Please don't limit it to drafts. Free agency picks that set a record for picks thrown. Signing damaged goods. And the list goes on.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Texans traded a 2nd round pick for WR Brandin Cooks (& 2022 4th-round pick) from Rams. The top 4 WR s are now --
    Will Fuller
    Brandin Cooks
    Randall Cobb
    Kenny Stills

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Since Aug 31, the Texans have traded away 12 players/picks and acquired 15 players/picks --

[​IMG]

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

and if you saw the first segment on PFT today you know that this is the 4th time in his career that Cooks has been traded and each time the give up goes down.

22. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Pssssttt! Brilliant!

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is part of the reason for the Hopkins trade.
    Next up is Watson

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

What is it??

27. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

ok, JF---what does this signify?? franchise with the most overpaid players, most players with overexpectations, etc. what??

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's based off Twitter usage
    Which team name #s are used most frequently, by state

29. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Too bad for Denver.