Texas 2008-09 schedule announced

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I like that we're making an appearance in Florida and California this season . . .

The Link

2. CamrnCrz1974

CamrnCrz1974 100+ Posts

Florida, California, Ohio, New York/New Jersey, MD/VA/DC, and Texas are really the best recruiting areas. Gail Goestenkors did very well in the MD/VA/DC area (she owned that region, getting almost every top player in her last 10 years at Duke), but also had top players from Florida, Texas, New York, and Ohio (another great area...Wanisha Smith, Alison Bales, Georgia Schweitzer, etc.). It is good to travel those states to be seen.

Interesting that Texas plays Purdue and Texas Tech back-to-back, given Curry's history.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Was glad to see the full schedule finally get posted...now we just need times and I can start looking at travel plans.

By the time the Miss game rolls around, I hope to have at least a couple of months under my belt with a private pilots certificate...and being able to fly direct to a game site (well, within a mile or so) makes some of the games easier to consider when I can get out and back in one day without having to overnight...

4. TEXASMADE

TEXASMADE 250+ Posts

I might just be missing it, but what date does OU come here to play?

5. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

They play here Sunday March 8th - the last game. It's on the Big 12 schedule, but not on the comprehensive schedule. OOPS! [​IMG]