Texas 9-3 in the 2020 regular season?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BurntOrangeLH, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Highly doubtful that Baylor has that big a drop-off from 2019, especially because teams won't be able to adequately plan for their scheme with a new coach and all. Also wouldn't be surprised if Brewer was the conference PoY. I just don't see TCU near the same level as BU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is the ESPN FPI prediction

11. TEXAS -- Projected final record: 9.5-3.1
    The word: Can Texas win the Big 12 this fall? ESPN's FPI is projecting at least two losses coming at LSU and to Oklahoma with another potentially happening at Oklahoma State. Following a full coaching staff makeover, this is make or break time for Tom Herman, who enters his fourth season knowing all eyes will be glued to Austin to see if the Longhorns are Big 12 title material and then some. Chris Ash inherits a defense that largely underachieved last season for various reasons and will continue the development of Joseph Ossai and Caden Sterns, two leaders on that side. The most important player for Texas is quarterback Sam Ehlinger. This team's championship hopes ride on his shoulders. If he can stay healthy, new OC Mike Yurcich believes the sky is the limit for this offense.

They define FPI as
    "measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily."

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Are we certain Brewer is playing this season?

• Hot Hot x 2
  5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Brewer said it was his neck that was bothering him from the Sugar Bowl, although I guess that could be a cover for actual concussion protocol. I mean, I figured David Ash was fine going into the 2014 season when he wasn't even close, so I guess anything's possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

CBS (I think) forecast a 11 - 1 regular season with a loss at OSU the last game.

7. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Don't forget no matter what the regular seas on if we win them all we still have the Big 12 Championship Game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

A Bill in Sinton sighting! Good to hear from you !!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

If you are referring to the protestors who looted shops on 6th street and raised hell along I 35, I might agree with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

The danger of not playing this coming season is more likely with these riots. Many are not wearing masks while they break social distancing laws thereby fostering the spread of the disease. Social unrest:facepalm:
    Oh well I guess we'll just have to wait til next year.....oh wait
    We are used to that anyway!

• Funny Funny x 2