Texas A&M scheduling poll

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ronich, Jan 24, 2021.

?

Should we schedule Texas A&M?

1. No

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. Yes

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. Only in Football

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes In anything but Football

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. A&M is dead to me, and anyone who doesn’t understand - you had to live through it to get it.

26 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

This seems to come up often, so I thought a poll might help.

I don’t think the millennial Horns who are interested in scheduling understand just how desperate, annoying, petty, strange, and arrogant Texas A&M fans used to be, and probably still are (although I am sure having women enrolled help cool the toy soldiers down a bit).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

For the last time, people. There is nothing to be gained by either school.

TV money? It's the same for any game

Prestige? Both schools have far more to lose than to gain.

For Texas, "you just beat the third, fourth or fifth best in the SEC West. Call us when you beat the #1 team in the West".

For A&M, "so you beat Texas. so did Maryland, TCU, oSu, Iowa State, and OU owns them. Call us when you beat Oklahoma"

So it is all about mouthing, and if you haven't figured it out already, you can't outmouth an Aggie because they are speaking and thinking in a foreign language. If you think you understand them, I suggest you get professional help soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

I'm perfectly happy with the schools in the SEC having to bear the burden of tolerating Aggys and all their deep maroon tomfoolery & chest beating. (Heaven knows, we did more than our share over the decades.) Goodbye, good riddance, get lost & stay there*

*as my older brother used to say to me decades ago, when I was being particularly obnoxious

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Folks, they are not gonna give up Prairie View and Lamar type schools to schedule us. They’ve justified to themselves playing FCS schools and that’s how they’re shamelessly gonna roll.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1