Texas Abortion Law

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

@horninchicago , do you know who the jackass is that decided we can't pull the armrests up in coach? I have a nasty-*** bruise on my leg because of him.

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

First I have heard of this.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Where and when did THIS occur?

Granted, it was pre-pandemic, but I remember the jack wagon complaining on a domestic flight about me having the aisle armrest up (yeah, I knew where the latch was) on take-off and the flight attendant telling him basically to shut up, that I was not violating any guidelines...

• Like Like x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I have been told arm rests have to be down for takeoff and landing.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Well, I couldn't do it on my flight from LHR to DFW. It was a 777.

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes, that's true, but these couldn't be raised at all.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

American flight 21 from London Heathrow to DFW.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Just your row? I’ve seen this before but not all rows.

9. horninchicago

Not aware of any regulation about those being down for takeoff and landing.

I think exit row seats arm rests are fixed and have the tray table in the arm rest. Were you in an exit row?

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I didn't check other rows but didn't see any others up.

I wasn't in an exit row. By the way, you do know that in my mind I sorta blame you for any hassle I have with an airline, right? I'm not sure why, but on some level, I hold you responsible. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. horninchicago

I understand. I do the same with you any time I am trouble with The Law.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

is it bad form to respond/quote your own post?

Anyway, there were a couple of valid points about even Free contraceptives still require the woman (hopefully at some point in the future...Men as well) to do a little planning.

However, in practical political logic, proposing and supporting a Free/subsidized contraceptive plan would do a great deal to blunt much of the "GOP doesn't care about women" hyperbole. Obviously it is not an accurate charge, but it has proven to be an effective political slogan. Sometimes perception is more important than reality. So even if the plan doesn't yield a high number of increased "protected" women, the GOP can point to it and say "see, we provided Free contraceptives". This was entirely a CHOICE.

13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

That COULD be an EU thing, but I have never heard it on US domestic flights...

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've flown from London before and several times from Frankfurt, Germany. Never had this issue.

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

There are big problems with this law right? I am all for banning abortion. But doesn't this bill just incentivize citizens to spy on each other and snitch? That's not where we want to go as a society. Better to just thumb our nose at DC and say "Come And Take It."

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I would guess that if Roe is overturned, the Texas law will be amended significantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I had a large human pull up my armrest while I was in a middle seat.
    He did so and allowed him to take up 1/4 of my seat while I flew leaned to the left about 10 degrees.

Lesson learned. I put them down quick.