Texas at Baylor 02/14/21

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Jacob Johnson, Feb 12, 2021.

1. zztx1

zztx1 100+ Posts

The lack of a plan is on the coaches. The inability to make a shot - I do not know how we got in this position. Since they are calling fouls on defense when the offense powers through, we need to drive much more than we are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

That's the bottom line. Vic's system depends heavily on good guard play. Was echoed at halftime. There is a talent gap at the moment. Who of our guards would Baylor take?
    What im disappointed in us all the missed open looks and turnovers.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Chevalier needs to get in the game. She brings that spark and energy that we are desperately lacking

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

We just lack aggressive guards and wings. That would free up Collier. Everybody else play scare too me. Next year can't come fast enough.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Missing open look after open look after open look.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I don't see a lack of a plan, I see a team not rising to the occasion... players not handling the moment, beginning with the leader.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  7. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Collier has taken the LEAST amount of shots of our team as of right now...that's a flaw in offensive execution. RIDICULOUS!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

We need a Moon Ursin!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

While I agree she plays hard, she brings literally nothing on the offensive end. At this point, let's see what she can do. Fact is....our guards are just not very good......AT ALL. Celeste has missed open look after open look and Joanne Taylor is just throwing up bricks left and right. We simply do not have good guards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Gotta give KA credit for her eye for talent, she tried to get Moon.

11. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Gosh, we almost have as many PFs as we do PTs.

12. Jacob Johnson

We just can't shoot to save oyr
    True but to be fair nobody is bringing anything on the offensive end. She can't do any worse then what we are currently seeing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Key word... EXECUTION.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Just a huge talent and size gap.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I’ve learned to keep away from KA mentions. It triggers too many people. Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Good last 1:30 sequence.
    JAT has thrown up nothing but bricks.

17. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Of the players that got away this off season Benzan is the one that hurts bad.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Through three quarters of play, our guards have shot 7 for 36. Repeat performance of what we saw in Stillwater. Post players have not imposed themselves AT ALL.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Jacob Johnson

You are correct. I had no idea she was that good until I saw her numbers at Maryland and she is an absolute sharp shooter. Something we desperately need. Now Vic sees that I know he will address that in the off-season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Exactly. Anybody thought we'd be a top 10 team because we got Vic was dreaming.
    New coach, very litte pre season practise time, has never had a full roster and what depth he has is quite frankly not all that good.

He is addressing the talent gap and has a nice class this year and will be better next year when he can actually visit recruits.
    The thing that really irks me is the poor shooting and our turnovers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  21. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

As woeful as the offense has played, defense hasn’t been bad.
    This is a game the team learns from. And then we beat Baylor in Austin March 1.

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Jacob Johnson

Texas has the talent. We are no way a top 10 team but we have the talent to make it competitive with any team in the country. We are just very inconsistent. We have games like Iowa state where we play full on ready then we have games like this where we can't put together a full game. Our Defense will show up then our offense will dissappear or vice versa. It's just too inconsistent and Texas doesn't have a floor leader who steps up and talks to get this team going.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Ebo missing point blank shots at the rim on back to back possessions.:deadhorse:

24. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We won’t shoot like this in Austin. That’s it. That’s all I have to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

We have no hope against really good teams unless Joanne and Celeste are hitting baskets well. Today their shooting has been ... well. Celeste is a scrappy, athletic player, but really doesn't have a natural shooting touch, at least not lately. Reminds me of Joyner in that respect. I wish they'd stop talking about Charli being the #1 draft prospect. It's embarrassing. From today's game, that should be Nylissa Smith. They are both good players, but honestly I've always thought Nylissa was a little better. It's interesting that Iowa State knows how to play Baylor, and we beat ISU twice. It's got to be partly psychological, but ISU's excellent zone and excellent 3-point shooting are probably the main difference. Those are 2 things we don't have at all. We can't play worse than this. It will be interesting to see if we can give them any kind of a game in Austin.

• Agree Agree x 8
  26. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

I guess on a given night we can play with alot of teams, but as far as competing against elite teams.....no....we do not have the talent to compete. It's just not there. Our guards are so inconsistent. I expected more, but it is painfully obvious we just don't have it.... Vic simply does not have the athletes to play the style he has been so successful with....

• Agree Agree x 7
  27. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I just do not understand our lack of offense. I mean, these girls have been playing since they were kids. Hope we get 30 points, but that is pretty dismal. So sad, that we are so inconsistent you never know what team is going to show up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

As much as I think the 3 freshman next year will help significantly, we are in need of an upperclassman transfer or two with size. And yes...I don’t think either JUCO player will be an early contributor.

• Agree Agree x 4
  29. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Size is the main reason we can’t score.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Jacob Johnson

Collier looks checked out. I have never seen her look like this even as a freshman. She struggles alot with the mental aspect of her game. Once she gets frustrated she let's that take over her entire game.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021