Texas at Baylor April 5-7

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Apr 5, 2019.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Any updates?

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

4-4 after 3

Of note, we have either 3 or 4 outs on the base paths caused by running errors including a double play - first out rundown between 3rd and home; then second rundown between 1st and 2nd.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

4-4 after 4

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Down 4-5 after 5

7. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

its on ESPNU for those that have it---not here in this hotel in Abilene!!:brickwall:

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

4-5 after six BUT

We had two on with no outs;

popup to SS
    popup to 2B
    walk
    K

9. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

well hell, SH---please be a bearer of better news!!

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

5-5 after 7

Ellis with a beautiful piece of base running going home from third on a ball hit to 2B

Baylor had runners on second and third, Diaz comes in and gets the K to set them down

11. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

that's mucho mejor!!

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

5-5 after 8

We loaded the bases with one out and hit into a 5-2-3 double play

Good news is Diaz is looking like he looked early on at San Jac, throwing some nasty stuff

13. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Bottom 9, lead off man for bu drops a nice bunt to beat the shift. Cole Q in to stop the fire.

14. Horn2RunAgain

Cole walks next man up, runners on first and second. No out

15. Horn2RunAgain

Walked 3rd batter. Loaded up w/ no out

16. Horn2RunAgain

After falling behind 2-0 Cole gets batter to pop up. One down bases loaded

17. Horn2RunAgain

base hit. Game over

18. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

We’ve had quite a bit of stupidity on the basepaths lately. We ran ourselves out of a victory tonight. That, and the bullpen’s inability to get batters out in the late innings. :brickwall:

19. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

20. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Note to Longhorn batters when on base:

You can sprint about 15 mph, max.

Fielders can throw a baseball about 80 mph.

Do the math.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Well, if I interpreted the TV announcers correctly, the Horns should be happy they even stayed within 10 runs of this BU squad; I mean, sounds like these Bears could have beaten the 1998 New York Yankees.

Edit: To wit, one of them said he predicted BU as a CWS team preseason --- before whining about how they lost their star player after his prediction. But no mention of Texas losing their star player in Hamilton AND starting catcher in Petrinski. And looks like BU has played patsies so far --- okay 2 wins over DBU --- though I'm not sure if this version of DBU is like some recent good teams; but nothing in BU's 2019 sked to date comes even close to the 7-5 Texas went from Mar 1-20th against Top 10 national teams. BU's Big 12 leading record consists of a sweep of WVU and a series win over KU, as compared to Texas' Big 12 series win over Tceh and series loss to TCU.

At least Zonk and Zeke IMHO TRY to give a balanced presentation of the teams and the game.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  22. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

They talked about it early in the game, saying that Coach Pierce should be Coach of the Year for how he has handled the injuries and still guided the team to this record playing what they said was the hardest non-conf schedule they ever heard of. I thought they were fair enough, but they did kiss the *** of the BU catcher all night long, even tho he didn't do much of anything. Kinda like last year when they raved about Kyler Murray and he had 1 hit against us in 3 games.

I'm really getting sick of guys coming out of the bullpen and cannot throw strikes. You walk the first guy you face, you should be pulled IMO.

23. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for pointing that out; I missed it, so I give kudos back to them.

I guess when I tuned in it was in the middle of them just going on and on and on about how great BU baseball is. Just got a bit much to me.

Anyway, thanks for the correction.

24. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns win Saturday game 8-6, huge rubber game tomorrow.:hookem:

• Like Like x 3
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We have a scrappy team. Hopefully the bullpen pulls it together by tourney time.

26. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Good to get the W on Saturday - now time to focus and win the series with a W on Sunday.

27. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

28. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

29. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Tried to get today's (Sun) game on Uverse; no luck, so on to the interwebs and, damn, top of 1st 4-0, 2 outs, bases loaded, lined out, end of Horns' top of 1st.

Hope this holds on, but as we've all watched this season so far seems like any/every game can be a roller coaster ride.

Oh, well, better to be up 4 runs before the Bad News Bears even get to swing a bat.

30. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

2nd batter for BU, Richard Cunningham flies out, 2 outs.

Every time he comes up I think of Richie Cunningham and so expecting later in the batting order to see Potsie and Fonzie step up to the plate.

• Funny Funny x 1