Texas at Kansas State April 14-16, 2022

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’ve met some and they were nice folks.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Their fans visiting Texas Memorial was giving everyone the middle finger.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  3. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

This is really disheartening. Theyre poking it over that dinky fence and all we do is pop up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

We're about to lose a series to a team that had one conference win before this weekend. If something doesn't change fast, the OSU and WVU series may do us in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

How are Melendez and Kennedy?
    Injury updates?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Costly throwing error by Faltine. Blew a potential double play to end the inning. Run scores.

7. Phil Elliott

This is not coaching. This is a bunch of elite players who have their heads up their asses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Fantastic fielding there by Silas. Bunt down third base line fielded by Silas who stopped the man on third from coming in. Then Silas gunned down the batter at first.

9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Now they flip flop and say he’s safe at first.

10. George Bailey

These guys didn't play football last year, did they?

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Our problems are mostly on the road. Maybe we’re staying at the wrong hotels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

2 errors this inning. Tough to win like this…

13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Single up the middle

7-1 KSU

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

After Tristan’s early struggles, he settled in and pitched pretty well. Not sure why we pulled him with a fairly low pitch count and a man on first.

Biggest problems this weekend are the errors :cursing2::cursing2::cursing2:, that and some cold bats.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  15. Phil Elliott

We evidently think we are hot **** and dont have to take care of the fundamentals anymore.

• Hot Hot x 1
  16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And here comes Stewart with some nasty stuff (but with some nasty control to go with it…)

Stewart may be the future, but he’s had a rocky Freshman year thus far.

17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Fly out. Man tags to score. For those who care, that was a good 30 feet from a trip to Denny’s for a grand slam.

8-1 them.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Whoever called for a sweep this weekend is likely correct.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Got him swinging on a breaking pitch. The bottom dropped out of it at the plate. On to the ninth.

I know Stewart’s control has been an issue, and (aside from Tommy John) that’s about the worst possible issue for a college pitcher to have. But when he throws that slider/breaking thing where the bottom just drops out of it right at the plate—it’s a thing of beauty. When he’s on, Stewart’s stuff is literally even nastier than Nixon’s. And he’s got velocity. Somebody, please work with him on his control!!! He could be an absolute monster on the mound someday. Yeah, potential means you ain’t done it yet, but this young man has potential as big as Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  21. WorsterMan

Team with 1 conference win on Wed. just takes 2 from a more talented #7 ranked team in the country!?

• Hot Hot x 1
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Now here’s one I didn’t expect to type at the start of this series:

If Gordon has a good outing tomorrow, maybe we can avoid being swept.

o_Oo_Oo_O

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sat near an 80 year old grandma at TMS who was saying “FU Texas” back in 1999 after the Texas-KSU game.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I think I may want to discontinue that Top 25 thread come Monday…

:beertoast:

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. WorsterMan

'ERRBODY gets up to play the Horns...

26. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

Don't know what happened with this team.

1. The #1 ranking, to me, was a bad start - too easy for players to believe the hype.

2. Losing Tanner was a huge blow to the pitching staff.

3. Did Melendez go into South Carolina locker room? if so, Pierce should've suspended him to send a message. Don't know if it really happened.

4. The backup catcher swig against Tx State. Have no words for this one.

5. Tech Game 1 - A RH college pitcher let a runner steal home on him and NEVER saw it happen.

I wish Augie was here to blast into this team.

Don't know if Pierce is the guy to right the ship.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. George Bailey

I road the Sky Tram at DFW with a dude decked out in KSU gear that same year. I was wearing an orange polo. He starts his conversation with 'I hate Texas, everything about it.' I ask him why he's here. He replies 'Not the state, the school. I hate your school.' I tell him that I honestly never think about Kansas State. Not until gametime. KSU just never crosses my mind. He waits until his stop and says 'Tuck Fexas' on his way out the door.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Refresh my recollection please. What are the details on #3? Was Ivan purportedly going in there to gloat? To talk to an old friend? To say congrats? To pick a fight?

29. WorsterMan

Some people / fans from other teams need a boogeyman - a team to hate. I have stated to friends and fans for 50 years, UT is the equivalent to the NY Yankees. Virtually everyone enjoys hating on us and appreciates others that do.

I could speculate a lot of adjectives why we are hated, but we both know 'em and it is pointless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. WorsterMan

As several of you pointed out, this team sucks on the road!