Texas at Kansas Tonight

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by TempestHorn, Jan 28, 2014.

1. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Since BabHorn is having trouble logging in, I thought I would start the discussion. No road game is a sure thing due to Texas' road woes in the Big 12. Texas controlled the game in Austin pretty much from the tip. Will Imani see playing tonight? I think we will need her to control Gardner. Kansas has used the same starting lineup in their past 3 games they used against Texas in Austin. They are 2-1 since with wins over Baylor and K-State and a loss to OSU. Gardner and Knight both had great games against Baylor and played well against KSU. So the key seems to be controlling those two players. Aston seemed very positive on Game Plan last night that they would be better prepared and be mentally tough on the road this week.

Projected starting lineups:
    Texas
    #24 Chassidy 5-10 Senior. G
    #2 Celina 5-8 Soph. G
    #32 Brady 5-11 Soph. G
    #3 Nneka 6-1 Jr. F
    #40 Kelsey 6-5 Fresh. C

Kansas
    #32 Keyla Morgan 5-8 Fr. G
    #4 Jada Brown 6-0 Fr. F
    #15 Chelsea Gardner 6-3 Jr. F
    #24 CeCe Harper 5-8 Sr. G
    #42 Natalie Knight 5-7 Jr. G

The Statesman had Empress penciled in for the start tonight. But I really think Chas gets the nod as you need your senior in the lineup on the road. Would be really nice if Chas got into rhythm tonight and had a 20 pt + game. She's due. My expectations are low for tonight.

2. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I will be interested to see if we see much more of the Empress, Brady, Chaz combo tonight. I like having Brady and Chaz on the wings at the same time for the scoring threat. Empress adds athleticism in the form of explosive speed and quickness. Kansas is a completely different team from WVU so KA may want different match ups.

3. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Strange that the team we handled so comfortably here in Austin would turn around and take down Baylor. I guess that's life in the Big12. We lead the all time series but haven't won in Lawrence in four years. I predict that's going to change tonight. It's time for a road win...let's go Horns!

4. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Definitely need a win tonight to get that monkey off our backs.
    [​IMG]

5. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

Looks like the game will be on ESPN3 tonight.

Hook "Em Horns! [​IMG]

6. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Brandy got the 3 going tonight. Nneka looks good.
    Let's keep working ladies.

7. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Now Chas is hitting the 3 ball.
    Hookem'

8. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas 38 Kansas 34
    Chas with 11 points.

9. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Guards are finally hitting shots. This HAS to continue for our offense to be successful. Let's go ladies!!

10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Does anyone know if this game is on Time Warner?

11. overseasbbfan1

16 pt lead now, with 12 mins to play. Let's go, Horns, be aggressive and put this out of reach!

12. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

I would assume if you have the extended sports package. I don't have TWC anymore. I'm watching on ESPN3.com.

13. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

Just go to ESPN3 on any computer. You may need to use your Time Warner log in the first time on the channel. Now it comes up for me automatically when I open ESPN3.

14. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas 60 Kansas 40
    This is the best I have seen Texas offense, look this year.I see a complete team playing.Inside and Outside scoring. We are really shooting the 3 Ball good.

15. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

Texas is incredibly solid right now. Lots of hustle on both offense and defense. Great shooting. Keep it up ladies!!

16. overseasbbfan1

No question, Dino. This team is really putting it all together tonight, or have so far anyway. Love it!

17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Looks like we are finally going to get that road win!

18. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Did Imani play tonight?

19. overseasbbfan1

She did play, nice game for her. 8 pts, 6 rbs, 3 blks and a steal.

20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Fantastic. And 10 from behind the arc. Looks like Texas finally fired on all cylinders for a road game. Congratulations Horns. I think I might have to stay up late to catch the rebroadcast tonight on the longhorn channel.

Now, beat the hell out of the bears!

21. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I am very pride of the Texas Ladies.
    Good Job.It was just so many player's doing things right.I was blowed away.Keep Working Ladies.

22. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Nice job Horns!

23. overseasbbfan1

A really fantastic game for the team, they did everything well in this contest. If we continue to play like this the sky is the limit. Great job, Horns!

24. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

This was a great win for the team, on the road. We needed a road win for sure, and what a way to win!

This team is coming together so well. Hopefully we don't have a big let down in the next game. If we can keep this momentum going, we have a great chance to beat Baylor.

I have stayed away from the like Aston vs. hate Aston, but, you all have to agree that this team is much better this season. Just my observations. 5-3 so far vs. 0-8 last season is a great improvement!

25. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

14-6 IN YOUR FACE!!!!!

[​IMG]
    #teamaston

26. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

27. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

gg lovers are in denial, that's why.

28. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

29. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Seattle, quit being so immature. You raised the ire of some on this board because you posted "I hope we lose" before several games while Gail was coach. Being a "GG Lover" has nothing to do with liking or not liking Aston. Most negative posters were skeptical of the hire and then became more vocal when the season went so very, very wrong. The reverse will most likely be true if the team continues on the current positive path. But again let me say that you have yet to post anything meaningful or even remotely demonstrating a basic understanding of the game. Your love of Aston is an emotional response that really carries little weight with someone who is responding to the quality of play currently demonstrated by the team. Doesn't mean you can't express it. Just wish you could offer something of substance to the conversation - good or bad.

30. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Oh yes it does matter. It is people like you who has wrongly criticized Coach A because you're still smarting over Plonsky's brilliant move of hiring this coveted coach. You are a goestenkors lover whether you want to admit it or not. Give Coach A 5 years and then you have some stand to "criticize". As for your ridiculous statement about me not contributing substantively to the discussion, that is your opinion and we all have one. I don't have to to justify myself to a coach who hides behind a screen name and has the audacity to come on here and blast Coach A and team, yet still attend games. so you get a life.

[​IMG] I WIN.