Texas at OU 02/03/21

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Feb 2, 2021.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I know what SHOULD happen, but given our road game performances aside from ISU... :idk:

• Like Like x 1
  2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Right there with you. Who knows on the road?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Good news is that Audrey Warren returned to practice today and Vic said if she makes it through today then he expects her to be available Wednesday. I don't expect too much minutes from her considering today is her first practice back but if she is cleared then that is a bonus for us.

• Like Like x 1
  4. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

We don’t have even one radio in our house. 105.3 FM. Not even sure that folks here in Metromess can get that. Guess I can read about it in the morning paper Thursday. I doubt the dirt burgers have Internet service in Norman to even get ESPNW scores Wednesday night.

5. Jacob Johnson

So the game is not being shown anywhere??

6. Jacob Johnson

So the game is not being shown anywhere??

7. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I think it will be on Fox Sports Oklahoma. I used to get that with my Grande sports package. I gave up on Grande and started bouncing around streaming packages. I am back to cable but not currently paying for a package with all the extra sports stuff.

8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Go to the WBB web page and click on the Listen option. You'll be directed to a web page which broadcasts the game via 105.3. I've used it to listen to games on my phone.

TexasSports.com/audio: FREE streaming audio

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I’ve got FSSW GO app that gets MAVS, STARS, ETC..... but I don’t think it’ll work on FSSW OKLAHOMA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I have a Roku streaming device with the Fox Sports Go app downloaded. I used the *Options feature and searched for "Texas," and the game is showing in the listings. Pretty sure that's how I watched the game in Norman last season. Good luck.

11. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

If you have the Spectrum Sports package it’s FSSWP which is CH. 319 in Austin area.

• Like Like x 2
  12. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I searched for the game per your instructions and its there. The proof’s in the pudding when the game starts. Thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Last time there was no TV listed for a game, it showed up on ESPN+. I don't guess we'll be that lucky this time. :rolleyes1: One more reason why OU s*cks?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Well I have ESPN+, DISNEY+, YOUTUBE app, HULU, NETFLIX, PRIME VIDEO, APPLE TV, HBO MAX, DISCOVERY+, Firestick HD, LHN, PGA app, and who knows what else the wife has subscribed to. You would think somewhere in there I could watch one Longhorn WBB game in land thief territory on a Wednesday night.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

On the bright side, I have 5 wonderful adolescent grandkids close by just love to rescue Pops from his information technology Medusa-like debacle. Oh....by the way, lots of information out today on The Athletic about FSSW and other regional Fox channels being renamed Bally Sports with them coming out in the next month or two with their new app that will focus on gamification, sports betting, and advertising.

16. Jacob Johnson

It's frustrating that this game is not on espn+ at the very least. Unfortunately I have Dish network so all the local Foxsports channels are now gone due to contract disputes. I now see why so many people are upset about longhorn network because this feeling is not a good one:brickwall:

17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

FOX Sports Plus is available in high-definition to all video providers that carry FOX Sports Southwest. Some providers carry FOX Sports Plus as a 24-hour full-time channel. Others choose to offer selected FOX Sports Plus programming and designate a local channel to show the events.

AUSTIN / SAN ANTONIO
    Direct TV 676-2
    Dish 448 / 9518(HD)
    ATT 754 / 1754 (HD)
    Spectrum 319
    Grande 134

HOUSTON
    Direct TV 676-2
    Dish 448/9518
    ATT 754/1754

DALLAS
    Direct TV 676-2
    Dish 448 / 9518(HD)
    ATT 754 / 1754 (HD)
    Spectrum 320
    Frontier 77/577

if you are not in a major market, there are more listings here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...uthwest-plus-channel-listings-102017?amp=true

18. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Good information but a lot is out of date. In DFW ......Frontier, Dish and all streamers have dropped FSSW in contract dispute. I had Frontier, went to Spectrum. ATT TV and Grande are others available. Until Sinclair rolls out the successor to FSSW this spring, there are few options. FSSW will be renamed Bally Sports and its new app will add gamification, betting, and advertising. Cuban is trying to push Sinclair and the providers to reach a solution but it’s all about contracts and $. The industry is in major changes and no one knows how it will evolve.

19. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Sinclair!! :brickwall::puke::puke:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Jacob Johnson

So it's not possible to watch if you have dish network due to the contract dispute??

21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Have seen bits of some of their games. Like Tx they don't have a deep team. They are aggressive and good shooters. I've not seen them miss many layups or shots at the rim. ( we've missed tons).
    Their bigs seem to be in position to put the ball up when they receive it. That could be because of Paris coaching.
    I'm expecting a close game.

22. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Correct on Dish. It is no longer available on Dish. When the virus hit, live sports content went south. No games to play and broadcast. So Dish, HULU, YouTube, Frontier, etc. dropped the contracts for FSSW. Sinclair bought all the 14 regional FOX channels as part of agreement with the government on an anti-trust suit against DISNEY. When the contracts were dropped, Sinclair said they’ll just build their own app with the 14 Fox sports channels as the anchor. Sinclair wrote down the $10 billion they paid for it by $4 billion. Now they are trying to recoup some of the value by naming the 14 regional sports ......Bally Sports and adding gaming and gambling.

23. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Well I can confirm that ATT and Spectrum
    both have it. Never liked Dish and, quite frankly, not a big fan of Dallas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Speaking of Paris, did she ever pay back that scholarship? :ousucks:

• Funny Funny x 3
  25. FarawayFan

FarawayFan 25+ Posts

We now live outside of Texas, I found the game while scrolling through the channel guide - worth looking for!

26. Jacob Johnson

What cable provider do you have?

27. FarawayFan

FarawayFan 25+ Posts

We have MetroNet. We really like it, but have no idea if it's available in Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  28. liatris

liatris 25+ Posts

Thank you for all that research! Go Horns

29. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

Game is on FSSW, Ch. 676 on DirectTV

30. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

These announcers are sooooo small market tho. Hard to listen to them. The refs went to the scorer's table to see if Charli had gotten a shot off before the shot clock buzzer -- and the announcers appeared puzzled as to why the refs were at the scorer's table. Geez.

• Agree Agree x 4