Texas at OU 02/03/21

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Feb 2, 2021.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Good thing we shot the ball well, because the defensive intensity was not there in the first half. Let's see if that improves coming back out of the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

We don't move our feet fast enough to keep Wiilliams away from the basket. We need to back off of her a little bit when she is outside and anticipate the drive better. Running along side of the offensive driver does no good. This time it was Todd who went by. We have seen this weakness in several games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Texas did what they needed to do. OU looks incredibly slow - like a high school team.
    I’m surprised Coale hasn’t been fired. OU has been mediocre (if) for years but hopefully they keep her a long time.

4. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

A win is a win... cussed the entire game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Hey Now :smile1:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Can someone give an overall assessment of the game. I unfortunately was not able to watch it:brickwall: I saw the stats and Collier was dominant of course but how did we look overall that the stats don't show??

7. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Overall, it was a good game for us. Charli carried us in rebounding and offense. Our 3 point defense was abysmal and that's why it wasn't a complete blowout.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

At least Dionnah can take comfort in the fact her new Longhorn family knows who she is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad to get the road win.

We played a great first quarter. Second quarter, we let OU outscore us 18-13 mainly because we left some of their shooters get wide open 3-point shots. I could not tell if we were running some type of sagging zone defense, but not sure why Schaefer would play any kind of zone defense against an OU team with no player over 6'1. Was very frustrating to watch us not guard the 3-point line better like we did against ISU both times.

Charli was incredible especially when you consider she played all 40 minutes; this wasn't a game where Ebo would have been able to guard a single one of their players away from the basket, so that's probably why she did not play tonight.

We won the rebounding battle like 42-19 or something like that. So, why wasn't the score more of a blowout? Because we were sloppy with the ball and won the turnover battle by one, but lost the steals battle by one.

Women’s Basketball knocks off Oklahoma, 69-58 - University of Texas Athletics

1787442 (PDF) - University of Texas Athletics

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Charli.

That’s it. That’s the post.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Charli was our entire offense. The zone did it to us again. Guards looked tentative and not very good, but at least Charli had many, many looks. She was great, as she usually is when there aren't tall players doubling on her. I think Sheri is an excellent coach. She uses screens and actual plays a lot more than we do. She just doesn't have the manpower right now. Their biggest weakness is absolutely no post presence. Madi Williams is really good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Jacob Johnson

Is Ebo injured?? I didn't see her in the box score and didn't hear anything about her being out prior to the game

13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I suspect it was due to matchups.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Post game interview

15. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Charli. Agreed. That’s the post.

It felt like the last few minutes of the game she didn’t have an attempt, though.

3P percentage and turnovers are the improvement piece from this one. Also wish we got to the FT line more.

16. WBBFAN19

WBBFAN19 25+ Posts

Audrey had a great game, considering she has had no contact practice for over 10 days. Her and Charli play well together, Audrey knows exactly when to give it to her and Charli knows exactly when Audrey is going to pass it to her.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Watching the replay. Only two refs - OU got away with a lot of slaps, pushes and lowered shoulders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Also, OU had a solid game plan and they executed well. Sheri is a great X's and O's coach IMO. I'm glad their recruiting has dipped so drastically in recent years.

I think Charli was a little tired toward the end of the game... understandably so, as she played hard the whole game. I'm glad she was on her game because, despite them having some matchup advantages against us, it was the advantage we had with Charli that was the difference in the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  19. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Many things could have been improved. But the record is now 14-4. Back to back wins in Norman. The wheels are coming off of the attack poodle's program. Do I really need to go on? Yes, this team probably has a couple of @OSU games left in it. That's why changes were made.

Did I mention consecutive wins in Norman? Just askin for a friend....

:texasflag:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  20. Jacob Johnson

Is it on YouTube or any website??

21. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I don’t know. It repeated this morning on FSSWP and then I saw it come up in the listings on FSSW regular channel this afternoon. It was very odd in that it wouldn’t allow me to record it live but I was able to record the rebroadcast. Wish I could stream it for you but I’m not sure I’m allowed to do that. :idk::ousucks:

• Like Like x 1
  22. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Chemistry! Something that comes from playing together, and practicing together. Here's hoping that this summer, and fall, they will get the opportunity to work together.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  23. Jacob Johnson

Lol thank you for offering but it does sound kind of illegal :e-face-tears: and I don't want anyone getting in trouble. I'll just look at the highlights when they come out.
    :ousucksnana:

24. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Maybe I can’t accidentally leave my Zoom call open while the TV is playing “in the background” or something. Oops.

• Funny Funny x 1