Texas at TCU March 22-24

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Mar 21, 2019.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Man, that was a slaughter last night. Don't know what Coach told the guys are the 3-2 loss, but they sure came to life. Do the same on Sunday.

3. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

I liked Pierce's patience with Henley in the first, loaded the bases with no outs and got out of the jam with only giving up 1 run.

Henley then went through the 6th blanking the Toads and getting the win.

Reliever did his job shutting out the Toads as well.

4. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

We can win this game today if we cud stop giving up taters.

5. anon

anon 25+ Posts

Score today (Sunday) ?

6. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Best cut and paste I can do, by inning as of bottom of 8, Toads still batting with 1 out, Toads on 2nd and 3rd, Kubichek on the mound:

Texas 3 0 0 2 0 2 1 0 -- 8 13 1
    TCU 1 0 0 1 0 3 2 2 -- 9 12 4

Texas led end of 1st 3-1, end of 4th 5-2, end of 6th 7-5, end of 7th 8-6, now 12-8 TCU bottom of 8th and still going...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  7. anon

anon 25+ Posts

We are behind 9-8 in the bottom of the 8th. They are still batting.

We are imploding again - gave up 7 runs in 6th, 7th and 8th innings.

8. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Horrible. We blow a 7-2 lead. Just horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Bullpen implodes for second time in three games and Horn lose 12-8. Texas should have swept this series but instead loses two of three. This series is tough pill to swallow but Horns have to move on and focus on what is ahead not missed chances and lost opportunities in Fort Worth.

10. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Game three review from Texassports

No. 9 Baseball drops series at No. 22 TCU - University of Texas Athletics

In many ways this was baseball odds just catching up with the Horns, they frankly should have lost 2 of three to Tech and arguably could have lost all three as well as both midweek games to Arkansas, eventually the breaks even out and they did this weekend. The Horns are 17-10, 3-3 in the Big XII and still have everything ahead of them. Their streak of 15 games in 17 against ranked teams is over and in those 15 games they went 8-7, not great but good and for a team with a bunch of young bullpen pitchers who are going to have days like Fields did Friday and Quintanilla did today it is a growth curve that still has an upward arrow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

WE ONLY HAD ONE ERROR? There may have been one per inning after the 4th. Hell, Tate had two - sorry the fisrt baseman has to make those scoops, and both touched his both touched his glove. Somebody is padding the Froggies batting averages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Phil Elliott

I think in the end we were tagged with 2 errors officially but I agree it was much worse than that.

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

11-6 so for March. The toughest part of the schedule now behind Texas. 5 non-conference games before Conference play resumes on 05 April at Baylor.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No. 13 @ D1Baseball
    No. 7 @ Baseball America

15. Phil Elliott

We just ran the toughest 3-week stretch of a schedule I can remember:

LSU 3-0
    Stanford 1-3
    Tech 2-1
    Ark 1-1
    TCU 1-2

All ranked teams and every one besides TCU ranked higher than us at the time. Still, we went 8-7 and looked pretty good, at least at home. I can live with that. Let's make sure to beat the aggies in a week and I am good.

16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Learn how to throw and catch and a couple of the "L's" would be "W's".