Texas at Tech 2pm Saturday

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by TempestHorn, Feb 28, 2014.

1. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

I know Babhorn is responsible for starting these threads. I'd just like to point out that when Bab was "banned" and I started the Texas @ KU thread we had our best conference road win of the season. So I'm starting the thread. I'll leave the analysis for the pro.

I'm nervous about this one. Tech will be hungry to get one win. We do not need to lose to a 6-21 team which will damage our seed for the tourney immensely. I like our chances to get the 3 seed for the Big 12 tourney if we can take care of business on Saturday.

2. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Agreed, Horns can't afford to lose this one. Fight Horns Fight! Let's #ownit!

[​IMG]

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

thanks, Tempest. Between attending the UIL girls games all day (7:30 am.to 10:30pm since Thursday) with UT practices during the afternoons, I won't have a chance to do anything for Tech.

Horns have to be aware that Tech is very close to ending their winless streak and would love to do it against the Horns. Stop Battle & Spears and Horns have an excellent chance to win. Tech's inside game is weak, with Nobles continuing to recover from a serious illness from last season and Baker out for the season. Their former coach did a very poor job in developing the Schneider sisters the last three years. Haley Schneider would have been a good center with development. She is basically a freshman in playing time. She does some good things when she is there, especially defensively. Sister Kellyn should be much improved next season but is the third option behind Noble and Haley. Those three provide the height inside for Tech. Nobles is 6-3 and both Schneider sisters are 6-5.

Tech did go big the last time they played Texas, starting Haley along side Nobles.

No one else on the squad is taller than 5-10 and that is Spears.

Horns should win but this certainly qualifies as a trap game with OSU looming.

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We escaped Lubbock -- 67-64 win!

I like what Fran Harris said on the radio after Nneka nailed a pair of free throws with 16.3 seconds left -- "well my golly, Miss Enemkpali!"

We were up to 10 points, 57-47, and a chance to go up 12 points (with around 8 minutes or so left), but turnovers and another scoring lull allowed Tech to pull within 1 point late.

But, we made enough plays to win.

5. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

6. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Great way to pull out the win, there were some anxious moments late in the game; we just couldn't seem to get any distance once TT responded to that 10 pt gap. Now we play Okie State for the #3 seed in the conf tourney..and we get them at home!! Let's finish strong, Horns!

7. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

19-10 IN YOUR FACE!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Does anyone know how B12 tiebreakers work? It looks like there is a possibility Iowa State, OK, OK State and Texas could all be bunched into the 4/5 spot.

9. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Try this bracket generator to see what outcomes are possible:
    The Link

10. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Boo! Almost every scenario has us playing OK first.

11. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts