Texas at Texas Tech 01/17/21

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Jan 16, 2021.

1. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Why would we take Tech lightly? Vivian Gray alone would be reason to take them seriously. I think Vic needs to take equal responsibility for the loss, not just blame the team. (Maybe he did. I haven't listened to the presser.)

2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I will credit Vic for identifying what the problems are. But after the fact analysis is pretty much the easiest part of the job. Now let’s see if he can fix it. Again, I give him a pass his first season. It’s just tough knowing that Tech has a new coach too.

Ok. Horns. Put this loss behind you and come out ready to dominate and win the next one. :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Growing pains all the way around. For now I'm going to sit back and trust the rebuilding process. Vic has a style of play that he and his staff teach, and it is being infused into the program.

Eventually I believe we'll see which players hang in there with it, and which ones move on. Those that buy in will remain to help the newcomers adjust to playing the UT brand of basketball.

Rebuilding is a process, and what we're seeing is a foundation being laid. It's not all that pretty now, but each new recruiting class over the next 2-3 years will be the bricks -- the type of players who can play his style.

As long as he can bring in the type of players he needs the program will continue to build. Should his recruiting fall off, then we may have an issue. But typically it takes a few years to really get it together. If the one-time transfer rule is approved, that may help speed up the process a bit. We'll see.
    :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

All Big 12 games are on ESPN+, FYI...

5. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Charli and Ebo would have been disastrous since Tech was out there w/ 4 guards..
    Ebo can’t defend a fast guard, IMHO....

• Agree Agree x 2