Texas Athletics Ticket Resale Policy

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Texas Taps, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

2. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Is this legal? Steve Patterson is the devil!

3. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Patterson's ultimate goal is to end "grandfathered" season tickets.

4. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

My first thought was how this would affect the Texas Exes resell program before the games. Or has that program been discontinued?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

That made me LOL
    My thoughts exactly

6. fw_horn

fw_horn 25+ Posts

First of all, I want to know who is making money on their tickets. I typically lose money when I resell (gross per ticket).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I wonder how many scalpers have grandfathered season tickets?

8. fw_horn

fw_horn 25+ Posts

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  9. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

As long as your season tickets aren't grandfathered or purchased at a discount, you can resell them.

It pisses me off when I see scalpers selling parking passes so maybe this policy will cut down on that practice

10. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

Did I understand correctly that it's OK to sell via Stubhub? I don't live in Austin and I'm usually only able to make it to about 3 games a year, give some away and I sell the others on stubhub via the texassports website...

11. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Yes, as long as they aren't grandfathered or originally purchased at a discount

12. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

Aren't all LHF tickets that you have for years grandfathered and at a discount? I've had them for 12 years, so I'm sure they are... Or people get deeper discounts? it's not like they're cheap to begin with.

13. fw_horn

fw_horn 25+ Posts

When you log in for your renewal, it will tell you how much your tickets are discounted (the value in red font).

• Like Like x 1
  14. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

Could someone remind Patterson that the athletic department is associated with Stubhub for the reselling of tickets?

15. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

StubHub is mentioned in the link I posted

16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Since I have never read (or do not remember reading) the policy statement before is this a newly written policy?

If so the policy sucks. Before going with season tickets I frequently bought tickets from Tx Ex on game day and their policy was face value. When friends might come into town I have used HF swap meet, and Tx Ex for spare tickets. If the wife was sick or whatever and could not attend game I have sold her ticket on the street at day of game, now a days at a discounted price, but back in Ricky's era at above face value. So they are telling me that is against policy? You get stuck with a ticket last minute and cannot sell unless you get what, LF fee divided by # of games plus ticket value?

Man oh man, in my opinion you buy the tickets they are yours - your property to do with what you want. We've been hooked.

17. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

Oh, OK... I didnt know they were up already. I havent even given my donation. They told me that the forms and emails go out later.

[​IMG]

Of course... they added the donation amount to the sale... plus I am grandfathered... damn.

18. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

My renewal notice was emailed today. LHF dues and ticket renewal are a single transaction now, but they do offer a payment plan

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm grandfathered in. Forget the damn donation amount, I have NEVER sold my tickets for above face value. Hell. I would be delighted if I had been able to get face value for my extra tickets over the last 20 years. If I get half face value I'm lucky. I have been fortunate to sell them on HornFans Swapmeet from time to time.

Patterson wants us out. He is not giving us any "credit" for the fifteen years we donated and purchased tickets prior to The Longhorn Foundation, for which I wrote Deloss the first "Houston" check on the truck of my car in the parking lot of that old German Beer Garden on Feagan. Without the money I borrowed from Austin National Bank, and the other "grandfathered" members comtrinuted, there would not be no upperdeck and Memorial Stadium would be out on Research Blvd along with Disch Falk, and Erwin Center.

20. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

As far as I know it's new. If you renew online you must check the box on the following

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

OK, let Patterson reimburse unused tickets.

The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo has a no tolerance policy. You can email or fax your unused tickets to the Rodeo office and get credit for that donation to the scholarship fund. They then resale them through the ticket office.

The University should shed any association with StubHub, Ticketmaster, et al.

There was not a single game the last two years where my row, the rows in front of me or behind me were totally filled. Patterson should be more concerned about butts in seats than screwing over his oldest supporters while he still has a few.

• Like Like x 1
  22. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

EXACTLY.. Makes me feel like I'm being excluded... after all these years of supporting in every way I can. Makes me feel like they see my loyalty as less than someone who has more cash... I lived in Lubbock for 3 years and made every game... there are some rich ******* exes who get good seats and go for 2 quarters every other game... but I feel I'm getting bumped to get more of those ******** to the games.

23. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I'm not happy about purchasing parking

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure Patterson will talk about paying to use the State garages. Someone needs to remind Bellmont AND the State that State "dignitaries" get FREE tickets on the top four rows in Sections 3-6. There are always visiting fans in some of those seats, as well as a multitude of drunk ********.

25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

There is that many State dignitaries that want to go to Texas games? aggy is going to need those and a lot more to fill-up Pyle in a year or two as those third and fourth place SEC West "wins" begin to take their toll.

26. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Patterson is essentially trying to make your tickets worthless on the secondary market. You are going to have to violate UT policy to sell your ticket to a friend when your wife decides not to go to the game, or the out of town couple who shares the four tickets with you can't make it that weekend for some reason. And yes, it has been a long time since you could get face price for a UT football ticket. It's even hard to get face price for OU tickets.

27. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

Okay - dumb question.
    First of all, I understand selling tickets to fellow Longhorns. But is Patterson having Stubhub and the other companies who scalp tickets to also report to him? And does he not understand by associating the university with Stubhub, he is providing them as a service to ticket holders to sell their tickets on the secondary market? What are people supposed to do - sell on Stubhub at face value when they take a cut of I believe 15%?

BTW, doesn't Stubhub pay the university a fee to be associated with the university?

28. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

From my reading of the new policy, just placed into effect, I believe Stubhub will work in conjunction with the athletic department to report any grandfathered or discounted ticket sales. UT will then rescind your tickets, take your seats, drink your beer, steal your dog, and Patterson himself will drive over to your house and personally moon you and your family.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Anyone that buys full priced season tickets without the benefit of priority seating or grandfathering can sell them at any price they wish to whoever they wish

30. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

This just means any sales by grandfathered people will have to be private to friends, family etc. How the hell do they prove anything in those cases. Just a bunch of greedy ********.

Those of us who were season ticket holders during the McWilliams and Mackovick eras who paid money for season ticket packages when they couldnt give away tickets (anyone remember the Randalls end zone tickets for 5 bucks) have earned the right to sell those games we cant attend, the University gets the same amount of money either way. this just stinks of greed and eventually greed will kill this golden goose.

• Like Like x 2