Texas @ Baylor 02/04/22

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by loyallonghorn, Jan 31, 2022.

1. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

I like how this sets up favorably for our Texas WBB.

Because Baylor had earlier tested positive for COVID, Baylor has a mid-week game on Wednesday against Oklahoma before the make-up game against Texas in Waco on Friday.

That means Baylor would have only 2 days to prepare for Texas; whereas, Texas has all week to prepare for Baylor without a mid-week game.

And then it's a quick turnaround for the re-match with minimal time for adjustments.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Let's hope we play our best basketball this weekend.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Well, I think it's a given that we're going to need some offense. And since it's also probably a given that Smith will score in double figures as she's done all season, defensively, I think we must concentrate on Egbo...and maybe even Jordan who has been producing more lately.

4. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We need to take better care of the basketball and be patient in our half court offensive sets like we were against Kansas State. We'll also need to bring that locked in defensive mentality that we showed against KSU. That said, IMO the number one key to the game for us will be keeping Baylor off the offensive glass. We cannot afford to give up an abundance of second-chance points.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. liatris

liatris 25+ Posts

How is the team getting to Waco and when? Road conditions pretty bad.

6. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

The Baylor coach said Texas got to town yesterday...

• Like Like x 2
  7. liatris

liatris 25+ Posts

Good news

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

so are we in Waco or???

9. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

If you listen to the Baylor coach’s post game presser, she clearly states that UT was already in town. I’m just going on what she said. She made excuse after excuse for the loss, blaming the refs and OUs late arrival.....

10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

11. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yea she should probably tread lightly about OU being late after reading OU got taped and warmup on the bus. The game started 45 minutes late…pretty sure I’d rather be in Baylor’s shoes than OU in that scenario. Wonder how she got her wires crossed about Texas being in Waco?
    I’d remind her Friday’s game with Texas is to accommodate a game BU had to postpone.
    Still wish they had gone to Triple OT Wednesday night

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

When the witch left for LSU, it left a gaping hole in my pool of disliked B12 WBB coaches. I'm happy to report that recent events are helping to fill that hole.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Anyone know if the game will be televised?

Edit: Found that it will be on ESPN+. Sorry, I should have checked there prior to posting.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

It’s on ESPN2 @ 7:00pm

• Like Like x 1
  16. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Of course I want a sweep but Texas should be pleased if they can split this series. Baylor is a good team and can score a lot of points. However their home court advantage has changed since Kim left. More apathy and a lot of disgruntled fans. Many think the new coach is just a stop gap until the next one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Coach Vic has been promising more offense since back in September. It would be a welcome sight this week!:fire:

• Hot Hot x 1
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Has he been promising more offense, or complaining about the lack thereof? He's got a new/young team and, I think, focused on getting the defense in place. Perhaps now he can focus a little more on getting the offense going. I'm really excited/anxious about the game tonight. I hope they made it to Waco.

20. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Dumb. Leaving Matharu on the bench while starting Warren. We’ve been through this before. Warren is better off the bench. And we need Matharu’s offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Jacob Johnson

Does Vic not believe in subs all of a sudden!! What is going on with him he doesn’t look all the way here and it’s showing in our play

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Sorry but he has blown this so far with his starting lineup and no substitutions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Coach we need shooters in the game or they'll blow is out.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Thank you.

25. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

On a little run. Gotta get settled down.

26. Jacob Johnson

Look what happens when you make subs! Still think Matharu should be in the game though

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Matharu and Gaston are so foul prone I don’t mind holding off putting them in in Qtr 1 as long as the game doesn’t get out of hand which it has not. Egbo has 2 fouls already. Better her than Gaston. I’m pretty sure Vic has a method to his madness.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  28. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Gaston first foul (offensive) after 13 seconds in the game

29. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Is that Kyndall in the game? Interesting. I had to mute the announcers as it was all about Nylessa Smith, yada,yada, yada.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Thinking I’m going to have to turn this sh*% off. Coach will have to understand that the B12 is more offensive minded than the SEC. No sense in stopping teams or forcing turnovers if you can’t score on the other end

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1