Texas @ Baylor 02/04/22

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by loyallonghorn, Jan 31, 2022.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Same old "veterans" in the game doing the same old nothings. I don't get it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Well. The first quarter was strange as far as players go. Can't figure out Coach Vic's game plan at all. :idk: We need scoring and he leaves our scorer on the bench. That being said, basically the same from us though...no offense, lots of turnovers and fouls. Getting old.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Let's start a competition...how many turnovers this game...what's our record?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Why is Lattimore playing? What exactly does she add? Serious question. Won’t/can’t shoot. I don’t get it.

5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

This is sad to watch and probably the worst I’ve seen this team look all season. These turnovers are just out of hand and our defense looks like a Jv high school team:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

What the hell is Vic doing? Is he ill? Is he noticing we are turning the ball over ever time we touch it?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

SHOOT THE BALL, JAT!

8. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

LIKE I SAID....... JAT and Audrey bringing nothing offensively...... Vic leaves her in no matter how awful she plays..... She’s turned the ball over a lot... I just don’t get it. If he thinks Ebo can guard Smith..........

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

For some reason I think Texas gonna take them. Baylor making shots they don’t normally make. I don’t trust Baylor to hold this lead

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jacob Johnson

Down by 8 with the worst half we have played the entire year. I’m sorry but Joanne needs to sit just like Matharu did. Has the most turnovers, missing wide open shots, not shooting wide open shots! They are literally sitting in the paint when she is on the 3 point line yet she doesn’t look to shoot. How are you supposed to know your shot is falling if you don’t actually shoot the ball. Matharu needs to start and not come out the game. She is the only player wanting to play today.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Single digit game. Y’all DO know there’s four quarters in a game? Had Matharu not gotten that 2nd foul with 35 seconds to go we’d be in much better shape but not bad. Remember we didn’t have Matharu at the end of the Oklahoma game because she fouled out after 23 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

But for the grace of BU’s staff being as utterly incompetent as ours was in the first half, this would be a BLOW OUT. Coming off of a full week of prep, I just can’t wrap my head around how we look so inept on offense. Ugh

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

And she'll be out of the game in six minutes if she doesn't clean up her playing. Then what are we to do for offense?

14. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yet shooting 46.2%, 100% from 3 and FT line

Turnovers, 14 turnovers is an offense killer

15. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Hope you are right. I’m worried about a blow out.

16. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

2 more quarters to go. Vic knows we're deeper than Baylor. Need to clean up some of the stupid turnovers and wear them down. I think we're in this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well I fault Vic for not taking Matharu out that last 50 seconds but y’all are all upset she’s not playing enough. He’s trying to squeeze out some quality minutes out of her and hoping she can help close out a game. If she’s going to foul out after 23 minutes need to at least maximize those if possible. And the game was never out of hand and well within striking distance at halftime with not near the foul trouble Baylor has

18. Jacob Johnson

Vic hasn’t even taken his jacket off with 14 first half turnovers so that just shows you how nonchalant everyone is including our coaches.

19. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yea Vic looks really nonchalant

Matharu gets her 3rd foul in the first 90 seconds of Qtr 3 (offensive)

20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

First half 14 TOs led to 21 Baylor points. Seven of those turnovers were from two of the "veterans."

21. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Matharu 4 fouls (another offensive). Kyndall Hunter would be nice if you catch fire because it looks like you’re going to get some minutes Matharu is determined to foul out of this game

22. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Missed shots! We would be ahead if they could hit those bunnies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I have no idea what we are doing except getting beat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I guess I didn’t see us missing every free throw we take.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Tonight we are awful. Starting with Vic, then the seniors, then everyone else except perhaps Harmon (at times).
    Should have watched Netflix.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Our offense looks really bad..... They have no respect for JAT or Audrey as shooters. We’ve missed so many bunnies.... I just don’t get it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Had it down to a 3 pt game with 2:00 left in Qtr 3 and turned it over, took bad shots and missed free throws to go down 10

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Jacob Johnson

Had the opportunity and shot our selves in the foot. I have no idea what happened this week at practice but this entire game just looks and feels strange. This is not the Texas team we have seen this season in every aspect of the game. Whatever is happening needs to get fixed real fast because, the way we are playing will be a 2nd round blowout in the tournament.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

I’m so tired of watching Baylor destroy us year after year. They get in our players heads and we forget how to play; our team plays scared. I swear it seems like every time we play them we play absolutely terribly and still only lose by way about ten. We have so many chances and just can’t pull it off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Doesn't matter how much talent we have, if we (the team) cant make open shots we will lose more than we win.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1