Texas - Baylor game February 29 Waco

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by monopoly4horns, Feb 21, 2016.

1. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Big 12 rankings: Not even close.....

Baylor

Texas
    Everyone else

• Like Like x 3
  2. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Yes it is the players.....They have beast women who play like men because of their coach..We have soft girls who can't shoot or make lay ups.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We were running and gunning the first quarter and most the second quarter; but, bad decisions and mistakes in transition resulted in empty possessions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HookedorNot

HookedorNot 25+ Posts

Baylor is just a better coached team and better team! I hope we can pull it together before next weekend!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Slgore76

Slgore76 100+ Posts

I agree.

6. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Classless starters still in and up by 27

7. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Classic Baylor

8. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I agree with that somewhat, but this team doesn't have a player outside of little Brooke that can get you buckets.

9. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

UConn's starters play the whole game almost in 40 point wins.. I see no problem with what Baylor is doing.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Slgore76

Slgore76 100+ Posts

True. That is what's missing.

11. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I am a big Texas fan.But until K.Aston change her approach to the game.I don't care how much talent you get.Texas will never reach their full potential.I could name several coach's that would have Texas as the No.2 Team in the Country.Texas has all the talent.But it's not coached to it's full potential.Turn Up Coaching Staff. Please!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slgore76

Slgore76 100+ Posts

I have no problem with keeping the starters in. She's returning the favor from what she felt was unjust in the tournament.

• Like Like x 3
  13. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I did not think they would win this game so I'm not terribly disappointed. BU is just more talented player vs. player this year. Changing the game plan, calling timeouts, ragging on the coach, etc. won't change that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

good play by our reserves in the fourth quarter. Kudos to Baylor. They totally disrupted our play.

Next possible game against them is in the finals of the Big 12 tournament where Horns will have a shot to handle BU their first loss in the tournament in six years.

• Like Like x 4
  15. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Shake it off, we still have a big 12 championship to win!!!! Automatic bid

• Like Like x 2
  16. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Who do you have in mind? And, will He/She leave what they already have?

17. HookedorNot

HookedorNot 25+ Posts

Our problem is we didn't prefect our offensive with our starters during the conference games! All the top teams are 7-8 deep tops. We haven't figure that out and it shows when we play in top tier games.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

At this time of year, I'd be more concerned with injuries to my stud players than being petty

• Like Like x 1
  19. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I also think baylor has better players but Coach Aston has to adjust. And just like against ou there were no timeouts to stop momentum.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I agree... But Karen is paid to be the adult. Paid a lot. She allowed her players to be embarrassed tonight. She sat most of the third quarter. She called no time outs. You do not... cannot allow your players to think they are all alone out there. You call a time out to either motivate, encourage, console or just give them a break. You do not sit down and give up. It happened in the last quarter of the OU loss and it happened in the last two quarters of this loss. It is shameful. She will not get her team beyond this level until she learns to coach a full game when we are down. Just like the players, she needs to give it her all until the very last second even when you are that far behind. I don't care if we would have lost anyway. Karen let her players down tonight.

We ended that game with three timeouts on the clock. I look forward to anyone on this board explaining how that is acceptable because I cannot make sense out of it.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Slgore76

Slgore76 100+ Posts

That may be the case but not for Mulkey tonight.

22. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

We should have gone after Gino or Kim when Conradt left......If I'm Tennessee I'm taking a Brinks truck to Waco and/or UConn and get the best/second best coach in the country to rebuild my program....

• Like Like x 1
  23. Slgore76

Slgore76 100+ Posts

WOW!! Ummm Karen is not a bad coach. She just has to get better as the talent on the team gets better.

• Like Like x 2
  24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

This is Coach A's 4th season. Each seasons's results better than the last. The sky has not fallen by any means. The future remains extremely bright!

Besides, no way Geno leaves and I doubt we'd even offer to Mulkey.

25. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I'm intrigued by the fact that the only player who shot over 50% was LaShann. Hmmmmmmm.

• Like Like x 1
  26. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Lashann has a lot of potential and she's probably the only player on the team that can create her own shot consistently. But her decision making and jump shot need to improve if she's going to be a great player.

27. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I think she had a couple of steals too... in her limited minutes. I don't like to discredit our coaching staff, but c'mon. LaShann is able to get her own shot against a man-to-man defense. IMO, she should've had more minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  28. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Okay, my last post about LaShann...but, remember what this kid was able to do against Tennessee? Sure, TN is out of the polls now, but she is a player. I just wonder what goes on in practices that she doesn't get playing time in games. I don't get it.

29. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Who cares? We sucked and were out coached. Could care less if they keep starters in until the final second.

• Like Like x 1
  30. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

We forced 8 turnovers in the first quarter....got ZERO points off of them.
    We were playing so over-the-top....too high to start the game. Had we made any of those 6 missed layups in the 1st quarter, we could have kept it close.....for awhile.

Face it: Mulkey's a better coach than Geno.....better that Pat S. ever was. As much as I dislike her antics, she's the best coach in women's basketball-----PERIOD!
    Loved how she exploited every match-up.

As for us, it's time to just throw that game in the trash and regroup. An fyi for Coach Aston: It's so hard to have a lefty guarding a lefty.....why did you continue to put Ariel in that situation? 3 of her fouls were due, totally, to the lefty on left match-up. Oh well. On to Okie City. Hope we get another shot at Baylor on a neutral site at the tournament. Maybe, just maybe, the 3rd time will be the charm, this year.

Not only was our team way too high to start the game, our coaches needed to see that. Use a timeout....just like Mulkey did a few minutes into the game....straighten things out.....let'em calm down and try to compete with a really good team.
    We're not as inferior to Baylor as the score indicated. Next time we play them, we need to slow the game down, play with intensity and not be over-zealous. Being too high is as bad as being flat.

• Like Like x 2