Texas-Baylor

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by CamrnCrz1974, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Amazingly amazing! [​IMG]

2. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

Dude I am so PISSED that I had to go shopping with the wife. DAMN!!! [​IMG]

However I did DVR it....had a feeling we could win. [​IMG]

3. drunkfan#1

drunkfan#1 100+ Posts

The Baylor coach looked like the bride to Beetlejuice. I have never seen hair like that. Ever.

4. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

5. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

6. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I KNOW - who do they think would have been a better (available) coach than Gail??? [​IMG]

Probably just wishful thinking [​IMG]

7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

OK. Show of hands. Who thought we would be here at this point? Be honest.

While I tried to remain positive, I gave up any hopes of a getting to this place when we fell to Colorado. I got excited again when we beat OU but always had that uneasy feeling in my stomach every time we took to the court.

What a time to be peaking. What a perfect time to be peaking.

8. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Mulkey's hair:

You know. You can't do that by yourself. Someone had to actually help her do that. When you realize that, you just have to laugh.

And now I am going to go and pray for her. Someone has to. [​IMG]

9. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

10. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

What a game! [​IMG]

11. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Great job ladies!! This may have gotten us into the tourney.

[​IMG]

13. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

14. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Am rewatching the game - heard the announcers say that Coach G has won 12 NATIONAL coach of the year awards (which I knew, but to HEAR it...)

and an OU fan thinks MAYBE Coach G is better than he/she thought!!! WOW!

15. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

16. VinceYoungScores

VinceYoungScores 100+ Posts

17. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Mulkey's inspiration?

[​IMG]

18. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

Texas set the tourney record for coming back from the largest halftime deficit to win. 4th most points scored in one half in the Big 12 tournament. [​IMG]

19. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

20. VinceYoungScores

In other news, Colorado State (4-27) beat #13 Utah (27-4) by a score of 60-52 in the MWC Tourney Quarterfinals. [​IMG]

21. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

22. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

23. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

24. VinceYoungScores

The Link

Video of the post-game pressers for the Big XII Tourney.

25. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

26. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

You know you guys that point to ESPN and Charlie Creme having us in the tourney so we must be in is pretty funny. The same source had us making last year's tournament right up until selection sunday. He's just giving his opinion just like the commentators. None of them are on the selection committee.

I thought with our 3 game win streak which included the win in Norman, we were hopefully in but in reality still on the bubble. The girls did a great job of removing all doubt from the committe's mind. With OU losing in the first round and somewhat tainting our win over them and ISU knocking off KSU, I would not want to be relying on our 7-9 conference record to get us in. A semi-final appearance makes me a lot more comfortable.

27. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

28. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

OK. Glad to hear you are more comfortable. The win against OU made me more comfortable and the TT win had me sleeping like a baby at night. We were ON the bubble when we beat Baylor. WE were OFF the Bubble when we lost to Colorado. We were On and possiblly IN the bubble when we beat OU. The TECH win put us well INSIDE the bubble and at that point even Coach G stopped worring. Only the selection committee knows for sure so of course this is opinon. But IMO we didn't need the good showing in the Big 12 tourney to make the selection. We had 3 top 20 wins, 6 top 50 RPI wins to combine with a 7-9 record in the nation's top conference. Honestly it was hard to make a case for us not being in at that point. Now it is hard to make a case that we are not at least a #8/9 seed. IMO if we beat OSU we are a #8. If we win the tourney we could be a #7.

And now that I have over 500 posts - everything I say is fact and you must agree with me.

29. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Feels like old times. Half expected to look over and see Ann Richards and Barbara Jordan (and that LOOK she would give to officials).

[​IMG]

30. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Miss 'em both. Ann would have loved Coach G...not sure if the reverse could be said! [​IMG]