Texas-Baylor

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by CamrnCrz1974, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Thorp

Thorp 500+ Posts

Great come back . Hook'em

2. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

I missed the game last night but almost wrecked trying to find out final scores on my way home last night. Way to go ladies!!

What's so exciting is that this is only the beginning! Coach G can flat out COACH! Bottom line on top - We have secured a great coach and the Big 12 better recognize!!! Remember early in the year when she said something to the affect of give me one round with them. Well I do believe she has figured the Big 12 coaches out and now she has a better grasp of which defenses and when to play them.

I LOVE WCBB!!

We got next!! [​IMG]

3. hornacopia

hornacopia < 25 Posts

Damn, that was a great game! Excellent teamwork & coaching!!
    Hope we still have some left in the tank for tonight's game - 3 games, 3 days in a row, is tough!

4. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Yes, always the worry wart here........I'm very concerned about having enough in the tank to go 3 hard games in 3 days. But I was wrong yesterday and so I'll refrain from saying I don't think they have it.

This time....I'll just wait and see! [​IMG]

5. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

How wonderful it feels to see a slew of positive comments on this board. Coach G has this team playing incredible ball and the players are showing the type of passion that I think we have all been waiting to see.

[​IMG]

6. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

CamrnCrz1974: I wanted to say that it has been a pleasure having your support this year. The fact that you are supporting UT the way you have shows how much respect you have for Coach G and the decision that she made to come to Texas.

7. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Great Job Ladies! Way to Fight! Hopefully now fans(Rexy) will see that you are for real. It take time to learn a new system, and they have.There was never any doubt in my mind even before the tournament started, that we were already in the NCAA Tournament.We have more victories over ranked opponents, then any Big 12 team.That along with the 3 wins at the end of the season got them in.Regardless how well Iowa St.is doing.I dont know why Rexy was worry that we would not get in because what Iowa St.was doing in the tournament.They do not really have any wins over ranked opponent really.Keep up the good work ladys.Now fans I betcha you are on the bandwagon now.What a turn around.Way to go Gail and staff.Look like the Coach of the Year.

8. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

Lots of us never got off the bandwagon, DINO! Way to go, ladies!!! Let's take the whole enchilada!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Great quote from Kim Mulkey: "If I wasn't so young in my career, I'd resign tonight," frustrated coach Kim Mulkey said after her ninth-ranked Bears fell to 24-6. "Put that in the paper."

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

11. VinceYoungScores

VinceYoungScores 100+ Posts

12. txex86

txex86 100+ Posts

OU fans aren't the only ones dissing Coach G. Here's a gem from Baylorfans:

13. CamrnCrz1974

CamrnCrz1974 100+ Posts

14. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

I have been in total awe of Coach G for years--and certainly since she came to Texas. However, yesterday I gained a whole new level of respect for her coaching ability! What she has done with our players has helped them in more ways than we can even see on the court. They seem to have that elusive "chemistry" going on!!!! WE LOVE YOU, COACH G! [​IMG]

15. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

I love Coach G's demeanor on the sidelines as opposed to those coaches who rant, rave, pull their hair out, stomp, cry, beg, plead, ***** and coach while standing on the three point arc....I'm looking at you Ms. Mulkey. Somehow Coach G has passion and fire without the childish antics. [​IMG]

16. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Wow, what a comeback! 52-21 in the second half?
    This may or may not be a stretch, based on a conference tournament game that meant more to Texas than it did to Baylor, but we may have just witnessed the passing of the baton of program dominance in the Big XII from Baylor back to Texas. Great job by Coach G and the Longhorn women.

17. sim111

sim111 < 25 Posts

That was a great win for you guys. I was happy to see the Houston kids going off and I wish you folks well at the DANCE!

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

19. mulkeyway

mulkeyway 25+ Posts

Great game, Texas. You really have a good team this year and are clicking at the right time. I have said all year that you have the speed to run with any team in the country. If your shots are falling, you sure will be hard to beat. I was very impressed with the shot blocking ability.

The comment earlier about passing the baton from Baylor to UT in the Big 12...not so sure on that one. Baylor has a pretty impressive crop of players coming to the school in the next few years (especially Britney Griner and Odyssey Sims). Look for BU to be much better next with Player returning and a couple of really good new freshman girls..

It is going to be a fun rivalry for some time to come. Gail is a great coach. Best of luck in the tourney. I hope we are on the other side of the bracket [​IMG]

20. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

In my opinion Mulkey and Coach G are going to bring out the best in each program. A&M will also get their share of recruits. Maybe this is the type of rivalry that is required to keep some of the home grown talent in the state of Texas. I know that the Big 12 is considered the deepest conference overall but it hasn't really been viewed as a conference that has a consistent shot at bringing home a national championship, despite Baylor's run to the title. I think that is about to change.

I am not so sure what OU will look like in a couple of years when they no longer have the Paris twins to attract as many recruits. I have a feeling that Coale may have a harder time recruiting considering her inability to advance too far into the NCAA tournament even with one of the best players in the nation.