Texas @ Cal

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Sep 17, 2016.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Charlie was pretty upset.

I don't see how he can justify Bedford.

• Like Like x 4
  2. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Another poor defensive effort that cost us a game we should have won. Suckage of mammoth proportion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

These past two games against Cal have been ****. Stupid *** ways to lose. Made up catches. Missed kicks. I'll be happy to never play them again.

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, we end up 2-1 in OOC. Let's see what happens in conference play. Cuz they are going see a lot of that type of offenses.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Same crappy D, no improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Charlie Strong can recruit
    But he came here with the rep as a defensive wizard
    Have not seen too much of that

• Like Like x 1
  7. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

We could lose to every single team cept for maybe KU with this ****** D. Un freaking real

8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Even worse, only losing by 7 in an out of state road game is an improvement from last year.

9. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I don't see how we can justify Charlie.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's true there has been no growth on the defensive side of the ball. Zero.

11. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Red was right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Don't forget Iowa State.

13. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

This is entirely on Charlie. He replaced his OC but keeps Bedford on the staff. He has to own it or make the change.

• Like Like x 3
  14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Well, everyone, it's been real...

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

At the least Bedford should be demoted or fired Monday morning. I would prefer to see Strong fired after this season and bring in Tom Herman.

16. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Charlie recruits well, Sterlin coaches o well, we need a d coordinator

This has been awful. With no signs of improvement. Even with better talent

• Like Like x 2
  17. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

As I recall, when we only lost to Cal last year it was proclaimed on this board that we had "turned the corner".

I see the same crap we have had every year under Charlie.

18. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It was bad all around. Poor play calling, penalties, bad qb decisions. Defensively what hasn't been said? And special teams. All around loss. Defense is the worst. Bedford has to go.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

It won't help to replace Bedford - this is Charlie's defense and it stinks on ice. All these 4&5* recruits cannot cover or tackle for ****. However, what REALLY pisses me off is the completely MORONIC game plan. Cal cannot stop the run to save their ***, but we think we have to throw the ball. Why can't you help out your pourous D by running the ball and keep it away from Webb and Hansen who are BURNING you?? The dumbass playcalling made me madder than the suck-*** D.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Phil Elliott

We averaged 6/ypc on the ground but we threw it 39 times. That is historically stupid given our swiss cheese defense.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

There has to be a change. CS put Norvell in charge of calling plays last year when there was nonperformance on the other side of the ball. If Strong doesn't relieve Bedford, his loyalties are in the wrong place and it's going to sink the ship.

We weren't wracked by injury or missing top performers or anything. Bedford just didn't have a clue what to do even though ND did the same thing with the screens two weeks ago. He's a mental midget and probably believes that talent overcomes mistakes. This isn't HS ball and it clearly isn't the days when Vance was roaming the defensive backfield at UT and teams only passed 100 times per season. For Christ's sake... he was the CORNERBACKS coach at UF when they won the national championship! Think about that! The corners have been HORRIBLE this year. Are we going to blame Jennings or Vaughan? Rotating door back there.

Another note: wtf has Traylor been doing this season? Chatting up recruiting rankings experts? Updating his resume so he can bolt for the first available OC job? The special teams have been teh suck except for the blocked punt. The TEs remain nonexistent except when Bluiett blocks for Foreman. He's probably in full-on Chizik mode: taking buddies out to dinner to figure out what jobs are available while his on-field unit gets its **** pushed in.

I expected to be 2-1 after three games, but I also expected that the D had nowhere to go but up.

• Like Like x 1
  22. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

I am not ready to burn it all down yet. But we need a new d coordinator. Charlie recruits well and his players play hard for him and love him.

We just need the d to get it together

• Like Like x 4
  23. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I was entirely questioning Bedford, but that decision to punt makes me question everyone. I guess I am back to seeing whether this staff can achieve 8-5 or not.

24. UTis2much

UTis2much 100+ Posts

atleast our defense is better than Notre Dame's

25. TrueHorn83

TrueHorn83 100+ Posts

:ousucks:
    And here you go again.. :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 1
  26. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

What the hell happened to our hurry up offense? They were mostly hanging around looking to the sidelines for the play call. I thought Sterling was supposed to be better.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Phil Elliott

I would have expected Bedford to take a poke at Gilbert, a la Buddy Ryan, but Buddy's defense was good.

28. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

From Wikipedia.....

On September 7, 2013, the Longhorns' defense, under Diaz, gave up 550 yards rushing to Brigham Young University, the most in school history. The following day, Mack Browndescribed the defensive performance as "unacceptable" and removed Diaz from the position of defensive coordinator.[3]

• Like Like x 3
  29. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Cal losing to San Diego State last week, Notre Dame losing to Michigan State at home this week and UTEP losing at home 66-14 to ARMY this week does not help. All I know is we have a weak Big 12 this year and need to try and bounce back and make something of it.

• Like Like x 4
  30. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Charlie pissed. Use the bye week to find you another DC. You score 43 points run the ball like we did and still lose a game.

• Like Like x 1