Texas football schedule, roster, recruiting and what to watch in 2018

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

USC lost a key defender

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Best wishes to the young man, hope he recovers fully.

Nevertheless, there will be no mercy on the remaining Trojans.

• Like Like x 1
  3. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Walk up to the line of scrimmage.
    Knock people over.
    Run off tackle.
    Get first downs.
    Win jewelry.
    Go to class.

Fixed it for you. All the above things have to do with college football. I'd get rid of the last one as well but it is college and has classes.

4. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Regarding the QB debate, I woke up , hit this web site not fully awake/- read the posts and for a minute what year is it??... oh yeah , this is Texas and the third string (QB/RB) is always better and confirmed I am in 2018.
    Could have substited McCoy, Applewhite, Simms, VY, McEarchen (sp- dont care Taps) .
    I reckon next August, we will be debating again on how the coaches have it all wrong.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

As far back as I can remember about our fans wanting the backup QB /RB... in 1966 when QB "Super" Bill Bradley was struggling in a game, some of our fans wanted his backup Andy White to replace him!

Nevertheless, BEAT THE HELL OUTTA THE TROJANS! :deadhorse:

• Like Like x 1
  6. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I know it isn't good enough and taking too long, but the QB drought is about to end. Out of the group of Buechele, Ehlinger, Rising, Thompson, and Johnson...I believe one will emerge as the next truly solid if not great UT QB, and the timing will be perfect. I know this is a highly speculative post...but one that is in agreement with many who are more qualified than I to speculate. I'll bet that Ehlinger and/or Buechele improve and keep us afloat/servicable, Rising or Thompson provide some upgrade, and then Johnson is the man. Hope I'm wrong and someone else becomes the man before RJ...or I'm wrong and RJ is so good he takes over before Rising or Thompson can establish - doubtful but possible.
    On Herb Hand....We will see, but so far I view him as a significant upgrade and key addition at an aspect of the program that has been in shambles.
    I also believe we will begin to see stars or semi-stars emerge at WR and RB positions.
    Play-calling and control of offensive schemes is a huge key for us. If the players aren't confident in the plan, it will continue to show on the field. This is of the utmost importance.
    We have such an abundance of talent in the defensive backfield, hard to see us not doing well there...though the Big 12 is a hard road.
    Linebacker depth is a concern and, while we have some rising talent on the DL and Nelson entrenched as a potential lynchpin, we will need to prove we can get the push in the middle and successfully pressure quarterbacks from both inside and the outside.
    Orlando will keep doing Orlando things.
    Just my 50cent

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  7. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Zucker - I'll stick with my original list.

:usflag::texasflag::hookem2:

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts