Texas-Georgia Sugar Bowl Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Man whatever that Todd Orlando Prevent D is where we rush 3 and drop 8 has GOT to be dumped. Did he not notice the only time we stopped GA in the 4Q was when we brought pressure? What good is it to drop 8 if you still have receivers running free?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I don't care if you are talking nice, f u herbie.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rick mueller

And 72 yards rushing. While putting 180 on them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

SEC you later.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Exactly. With nobody who can cover he could have all eleven back and recievers would be ooen. Texas has to find better secondary players. They are a long way from DBU.

• poop poop x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Some genius posted a reply to Sam's homage to Vince's 1st Rose Bowl win postscript of "We'll be baaaaack!" with

"If being back means winning sugars bowls and not playoffs sure have fun".

Uh, the CFP championship game next year is in .... wait for it .... the Louisiana Superdome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Texas is the only team this season to score a touchdown against Georgia on the opening drive. SEC

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

We dominated the 'Dogs from beginning to end. Garbage time TD makes score look closer than it was.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I think being back means being a consistent top five program with MAX two losses in a given season. I hope we can take the step towards that kind of a season next year. Kyler is gone. Sam is back. Herman is growing more and more into the job.

I hope we get a recruiting bump from this.

• Like Like x 3
  12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

From Texags:

"You guys are so easily triggered by these wanna be's (tu)."

He was scolding everyone for melting down over our victory. Yet the aggy view is that we are wannabe's. This from the all-time leader, year in and year out for the wannabe trophy.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. rick mueller

Let's see, anyone else think that this "genius" is really a mouth breathing moron wearing maroon and sleeping with a four legged girlfriend?

• Like Like x 1
  14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

^^^ This, from the wannabe fans that alway claim they "won halftime" with the Fightin' Texas aggy band....

"Sheep lie!!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Nice win. I actually enjoyed it. Bevo set the tone early.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

FWIW, Big XII had 7 teams bowling and finished with a 4-3 record.

• Like Like x 4
  17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

B12 teams also went 2-1 against the sec. Not bad.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I am gruntled at whom had the 1 loss.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

If ou had a defense to help out their “Herve Vilchez” sized QB, then yeah, the B12 may have been 3-0 against the mighty(?) sec.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

If I’m not mistaken, Vince’s comments were something like “We’ll BE baaaack”....proclaiming his Longhorns’ will return to the Rose Bowl NCG in 2006. Somewhat different than “We ARE back” as a program. But, I get your point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. rick mueller

I think that's 3-1 against the over rated sec, sec, sec!
    Baylor over Vandy
    Okie lite over the sack grabber guy
    UT LONGHORNE over the mouth breathing lap dogs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. rick mueller

On the rewatch. Number 6 wanted no part of Sam the Man on that first TD. Real matador move. "Let me see if I can grab him on the way by. I ain't putin' my body in front of that."

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Good catch! I overlooked BU’s win over Vandy.

24. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Ten years ago I stopped listening to the sports trash talk radio in North Texas that goes by the name of the The Ticket because they are Sooner backers and trash Texas. Today I tuned in to hear what they had to say about their precious Sooners and the disgusting Horns. They spent five minutes on how OU owns the big XII, that they are in the same category of the several national elite programs, how proud they were of OU and Kyler for not quitting and how they are a defensive coach away from greatness.

Then they turned to a discussion of Texas. They said that the Texas win was probably a combo of Texas being back and Georgia not wanting to be in that game. So Texas won because GA did not want to be in the game? Only in North Texas would you find such a pro OU bullsh - - media outlet. I turned them off.

I’ve got news for The Ticket. Texas was better than OU this year. If last night’s officials had called the Big XII game as opposed to Bowlsby's hand picked crew, Texas wins the Big XII, Bowlsby’s Sooners do not get embarrased by Bama and the midget does not get the Heisman. That hosing was big.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

3-1 against sec,sec,sec! Baylor beat Vandy. OSU beat Mizzou. We beat Jarjaw.

26. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Watching the replay now. Somebody please explain that train wreck 3 penalties on GA’s final TD drive. Seems like the refs were scrambling to sort it all out cause none of them knew how to piece it together.

So, GA is called for holding (live ball foul). We’re called for targeting (live or dead ball?) AND personal foul (dead ball). Under the rule, how was the Cook targeting foul targeting? Though he did lead with his crown, he hit below the head area on his shoulder. That’s targeting?!? From there, I’m still totally confused. Any rules experts out there?

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I wonder if it was the ref's fault for just saying "targeting" rather than "late hit, with targeting", because if the latter then the replay could have rescinded the ejection but kept the 15 yd penalty. But I'm not sure if that's how it works or not.

28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm with you; I don't know the particular rules but I think the refs missed it. My call on it is this:

1) Ten yard penalty against GA for holding
    2) TWO deadball fouls against Texas; should have marked off 30 yards
    3) No targeting on Cook.

My feeling is this: the refs were acting too uncertain. They didn't make the final call with confidence. That's why I think they missed it; not because I know the rules.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

The cake baked now?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Sounds like a good station.... :)

• Funny Funny x 4