Texas hold 'em

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by rememberthealamo, Sep 14, 2011.

1. rememberthealamo

rememberthealamo 250+ Posts

enough of this ********...this board has gone totally reactionary ....trying to make an impromptu move due to exigent circumstances...think about it, we have arguably the best athletic program in America ...yet we are in a panic ,scrambling to go to the west coast or east coast or to the rust belt,,...STOP and think of the student athelete who will have to make 10 basketball trips to big 10 country in the dead of winter as our competitors make 1 trip to Texas maybe once or every 2 years...similarly others have argued about the midnite in corvalis scenario with pac 10....and the acc could crumble as easily as the big 12 ...and how would we feel if florida st went to sec...TEXAS hold 'em call okies hand they will ultimately lose the regional fsn games beating up on tech baylor and of course aggie...and if they go we bring in other schools....bottom line is we should have other schools adhere to our geographical footprint rather than scurrying off to someoone else's turf ....arent we proud we are Texans...in short,we have an identity... a brand, in todays parlance , that will be diluted by compromising our southwestern heritage to be called pacific or atlantic ....bring in tcu byu and houston...and if some say we are a weak football conference....well doesnt the big east and acc get a bcs bid ...

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

My name is Peggy. You inspire me [​IMG]

3. horn123

horn123 500+ Posts

My name is Peggy. You inspire me
    --------------------------------------------------
    Peggy we need help,my head is spinning.

4. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

Peggy - are you still wearing a size 16 pump?

5. rememberthealamo

rememberthealamo 250+ Posts

...time to bump my thread as of september 14...how prescient ...where are you now peggy...

6. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

yes enough. and cooler heads have already begun.

Note that Mack Brown is on record speaking up for these same principles and the truck load of common sense it brings.

It appears the caliber of Presidents at institutions in the far west are made of a different fiber than the President of A&M and those institutions to the east and south.

The aftermath of today's late meeting and statement from the Pac 12 may well say that in these parts we got a grip on things.
    Finer days may indeed lie ahead, and the proud who stood fast will be recognized for it.

Here, here!!

[​IMG]

7. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

At one time or another over the past two weeks I have been sure Texas was going to five different places: Big 12, ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12, and independent. This is getting to the point where DeLoss should just put on a blindfold, throw darts at a dartboard with the names of the BCS conferences, and be done with it.