Texas-Iowa State Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Nov 16, 2019.

1. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Over / under of number of de-commits this coming week ? I say 2 at least...Robinson could be one of them.

• poop poop x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

We get the ball back with five minutes left and a one point lead. You have to figure we will need at least three first downs to ice it, maybe even four. You just went down the field through the air. Keep passing and attacking. Instead Mensa approaches it like there is a minute left and runs prep plays that are effectively taking a knee. Then you run a pass that even if caught has no chance to get a first down. Brilliant. The coaches let the players down. Then you jump offsides with 2+ minutes to go, which is the only thing you can’t dO in that situation. That is coaching because coaching has instilled no discipline with this team. The coaches job is to put the players in the best position to succeed and Mensa and company are failing miserably week after week. I could be wrong, but last year was a high water mark for Mensa at Texas and it was 10-4. 7-5( or 8-4) with some luck is what we are going to get out of this staff. Recruiting is going to take a hit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Lets go BAYLOR BEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  4. EMJ426

EMJ426 250+ Posts

Totally agree. With everything you have stated here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

@nashhorn

we shoulda let em score on that next/last possession.

our defense is just pitiful.

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow, the Fox panel gave Tx heck. They blamed coaching pure and simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

We may not have the best team, but we definitely have the dumbest. The play on the field was just a reflection of the coaching.

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Only if you mean an offense in Tuscaloosa that will be swirling the bowl now that Tua is done...

9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

"Winning's hard." Tom Herman. "It's harder if you're stupid." Bevojoe

What I saw today were squandered opportunities, very questionable play calling and blown coverages. This regression needs to stop, but I doubt it will, at least not this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

They say the insane tend to be smart...and insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. I am tired of Mensaboy and the Insanity of the Binder.

How much do we need to buy him out?

11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Understand what you’re saying Shark but we shouldn’t have to do that. Should be able to stop them once. Plus we should be able to make a few first downs when we have to, done it before should have been able to do it again. I agree with the tv panel this was on coaches. Sam did not have a good game that’s true but coaches really blew this one. No excuse for offensive game plan in first half. Man those calls - sad for us fans.

12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Little Sisters of the Blind and Quadriplegic has refused to play...they saw the Alabama game and were concerned that they could suffer some injuries despite overmatching this Texas squad...

13. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

this is not your Grandfather's MENSA!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Herman is not smart...His arrogance with the media is a mask for his stupidity. I take my hat off to Orlando tonight. He did a great job ( a couple miscues by players ) holding that offense to 23 points. They averaged about 40+ a game, and he held them to 23.......Sam did a good job on the drive that got us the lead, but is not a good enough passer for the offense we try to run. Sam deserves more than this ****** coaching staff has to offer. Longhorn fans deserve more than this coaching staff has to offer...and it starts at the top. Next year ISU will be just as good as will OU. Tech in Lubbock and TCU's QB will be even better next season. OSU with a seasoned QB in Stillwater is scary, as is KSU on the road with their second year coach . We could be looking at 6-6 next year if we are lucky next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

Herman needs to go.

Two big wins in Iowa tonight. Couches beware.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Luthor Billis

Luthor Billis 100+ Posts

Actually, my Longhorn Foundation dues are not providing the ROI incentive for me to donate even more return in the days to come.

17. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Herman doesn't think they were outcoached.

18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Don't know, but I'll be glad to contribute!

19. Walking Boss

You are what your record says you are. Take out Scrimmages against La. Tech and Rice and Herman’s Horns are 4-4. Blame it on injuries, we lost today because Collin Johnson couldn’t play. Blah, Blah,Blah. We are who we thought we were.

20. TX Diva

TX Diva 25+ Posts

As much as I want to disagree, alas, I cannot. Our program is too big to be hiring the coaches we’ve hired the last 2 times. Texas should be a powerhouse. I see more decommits in the future.

21. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Presser : He thought those running plays were "a good plan" ????? He is a clown.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Lol he thought the ground game plan was good heading into the game.

23. Walking Boss

You are what your record says you are. Take out Scrimmages against La. Tech and Rice and Herman’s Horns are 4-4. Blame it on injuries, we lost today because Collin Johnson couldn’t play. Blah, Blah,Blah. We are who we thought we were.

24. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

You guys are dreaming if you think anything is going to happen to Mensa! They extended his contract thru 2023. They’d owe him over $20 million! He’s here to stay. The best you can hope for is that he’ll fire Orlando and Beck and maybe the special teams coach!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hot Hot x 2
  25. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

He thought we would get rushing yards on that last series. I'm not sure why though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Presser : "Front-runners"??? You gotta be IN FRONT to be a front runner, Tom....

27. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

he actually looks humbled in his press conference for a change. I hope cdc took a chunk of his *** on the way to the podium

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

Agreed. That is why I hate these contract extensions for not doing anything. Texas is such a sucker. First 10 win season and the extend everyone’s contract. That is without winning any championship. Herman is way too arrogant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

We have volleyball !!!!!!!!!!...and maybe softball to cheer on. Forget about football for a few years...Mediocre for the next 5 years or more.

30. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

TH needs to change, no notebook. If your OF is not pushing DLs off the line, take the 3. Just little changes. He needs a feel of the game, not statistics.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1