Texas is a dynasty.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Tommy_Johnson, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Tommy_Johnson

Tommy_Johnson First Time Poster

I know I'll probably be ridiculed for this but dare i say that Mack has created a Dynasty? While i was very young when Mackovic brought the house down, it seems that fans are thinking that Mack is leading us down the same path.

Mack brought this program back up to College Football's Elite and not only for a limited time but has sustained this elitism. (but there is also an argument to be made that this Elitism has gone to the fans heads and is a very negative attribute.) The success mack has garnered did not just remain isolated in the football department,but trickled down into all areas of the athletic department, both men's and women's. Texas' athletic success in the last 7 years or so didnt just come out of no where it was spearheaded by Mack.

[​IMG]

2. SouthAfricanHorn

SouthAfricanHorn 250+ Posts

Deloss Dodds.

UT Athletics was elite well before Mack Brown came to town.

[​IMG]

3. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Being a good, elite program is far from being a Dynasty.

It is all in your wording.
    I don't think that Texas is a dynasty. You have to win more than 1 championship and be competing for conference championships year after year

4. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Era < Mack Brown's < Dynasty

5. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Dynasties win trophies.

6. UTis2much

UTis2much 100+ Posts

7. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Being a true dynasty requires winning multiple championships.

I would say that we have quite a little dynasty going with all of our 10 wins seasons, though.

8. dgnr8

dgnr8 100+ Posts

Is there such a thing as a "10-win season dynasty" ?

9. SlingeroGuitaro

SlingeroGuitaro 250+ Posts

only for aggy

10. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

11. Sangre Orange

Sangre Orange 25+ Posts

[​IMG]

Photoshop anybody?

12. whereiend

whereiend 100+ Posts

we have a better dynasty that Kansas State's run in the 90s that is for sure.

of course, everybody laughed at KSU fans who called it a dynasty, and for good reason....

13. orange avenger

orange avenger 25+ Posts

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but why, exactly, is that an important question? It might make you feel better, after the predictable early October setback, after our annual KSEL*, or after another T+1 shartfest, to think we are a dynasty, but brother, it don't do much for me.

We're expected to be a heavyweight; we're the second largest university in the country, we are in one of the most populous and economically vibrant states, football is KING here, and everyone else hates our guts. I love that, I really do. I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to back it it up and make the rest of 'em eat **** on a routine basis.

Statistically, we win most of our games. Yay. Go get 'em. Strike up the band, let's have a parade.

If we can go to the conference championship game every other year, I'll call it "what we should be doing." You'll
    have to call it a mega-dynasty. And if we start routinely being part of the title game mix, I'll call it "what we should be doing" and you'll have to bump it up to "Super Double Mega-Dynasty" or whatever. If we win a National Championshp, I'll call it "Wow, we did it!". You
    at that point will have exceded your upper explosive limit and become a Longhorn-shaped super nova heralding the birth of the Burnt Orange messiah. But if that happens, bro, it'll all be good.

I don't give a **** about what we're called.

*Kansas State Equivalent Loss

14. DeluxeHorn16

DeluxeHorn16 < 25 Posts

15. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I think he meant trophies, plural...and not just from the same year or more run of the mill bowl games. Specifically, the MNC one.

17. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

18. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Actually, he could mean conference championships.

19. milk_monitor

milk_monitor 100+ Posts

Well, uh, Mack has one BCS trophy and one Big XII trophy, so that's plural, right? Right? Go Mack Brown!

20. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I guess you missed the part where I nailed that he means MNCs, not conference trophy or other bowl games. And then where he posted I was correct in my interpretation of his post.

21. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

22. austintexas

austintexas Guest

it's gonna be a loooong off season

23. playoffs?

playoffs? < 25 Posts

a long offseason indeed

24. hollisdude

hollisdude 500+ Posts

If we ever won two (just two) conference championships in a row, I would break out my Dynasty t-shirt. Alas, it is still hidden underneath my Stevie Nicks 1996 Tour t-shirt in the bottom of the closet.

You can't spell dynasty without Holiday Bowl.

25. skyranger43

skyranger43 100+ Posts

I am with you! I think it is all Deloss! You talk about an old bull getting put out to pasture. However, how did he come up with Rick Barnes? Somebody must have dumped that one in his lap.

26. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

A dynasty wins multiple National Championships. Frankly there is no other sort of dynasty I would accept as a Texas fan.

27. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

This is satire. Right?

28. SouthAfricanHorn

SouthAfricanHorn 250+ Posts

My post regarding Deloss specifically related to UT athletics as a whole and, more importantly, that Mack Brown is not to be credited as the designer of a successful UT Athletics dept as a whole.

29. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

I remember the "Dump the Dodds and flush the John" t-shirts.

Consistent threat? Yes. Dynasty? Not so much.

30. starchild

starchild 500+ Posts

saying we are a dynasty is a bit aggy.