Texas @ K-State - Game 1

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bassale47, May 7, 2010.

1. eugene11

eugene11 250+ Posts

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Thanks for the updates [​IMG]
    It was a good run; we'll pick it up again tomorrow.

3. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I hate to see the Horns lose but the one good thing is now there is no pressure on the win streak and everything and we can now concentrate on winning the big 12 without the pressure. GO HORNS! [​IMG]

4. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

I hope everyone who said in the other thread that our lack of offense is okay because of our great pitching was paying attention to this game.

These guys couldn't hit jack against us, but we walked too many batters and failed to get runs home. When the pitching fails (and even when it doesn't), the bats have to step up.

5. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

Gave the first game to them...the walks and runners LOB...with no outs did us in....Jungmann gets the loss.

6. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Oh well...let's start another win streak tomorrow. [​IMG]

7. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

If you are going to lose the streak, well, do it by the narrowest of margins. On to the next game, Horns. Let us start another streak.

R.J.

8. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Shepherd was absolutely horrid today with runners on base. This will be a Friday for him to forget.

I could care less about "the streak." Such things are like records--they exist to be admired and then broken.

What irks me is, once again, the Texas offense **** the bed with Taylor on the mound. This is a good team with a lot of potential, but the way these guys can't seem to support Jungmann is infuriating.

9. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

We left 16 runners on base...time to regroup...we will win the next two.

10. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Well it was bound to happen and after playing with fire on Friday nights for the past several weeks the staff couldnt overcome the offensive woes. Hopefully Augie can get this team to refocus and still win the series. Jungmann is a hard luck loser but his outing tonight is just par for the course in terms of the run support he usually gets.

This is as strong a message as possible though that as great as the pitching staff is, the offense is still a liability and no one should be counting NC number 7 or even a great shot at NC 7 if the bats cannot support the pitchers.

11. eugene11

eugene11 250+ Posts

I have no doubt (by the way that was a good Broadway play,Doubt) that we can still win this series but this sucks... to finally loose. Im pretty sure its been awhile since i have felt this way. I really want to see a good reaction to this tomorrow. This could be more of a defining moment for the season then th ORU game

edit*** sorry beer is getting the best of my fingers****

12. eugene11

eugene11 250+ Posts

13. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Doing research Kansas State beat Texas twice last year in Austin and tied in the 3rd game. The mens basketball team has beaten Texas the last 2 meetings and the K. State football team has won the last 2 meetings, even the games in Austin. There is something about Kansas State, they have Texas's number.

14. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

Strange game...Lusson would have scored the first run for horns...but trips rounding 3rd...and can't get home...with no outs no doubt...then after walking the bases full, Jungmann throws a wild pitch...hard luck tonight....manana.

15. eugene11

eugene11 250+ Posts

???

is this how Nebraska feels when they play us?
    [​IMG]

16. OrangeRout

OrangeRout 25+ Posts

Tough loss, we'll see how they come out tomorrow. A little more focus and we win this game 5-2 or so.

17. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Texanne and Worster are upset and pissed off... Horns need to kick the midcats asses Sat. [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. BertHorn

BertHorn 25+ Posts

Don't worry, Bassale, i'm reading this thread. You're right, the bats bit us in the *** tonight.

And as the old saying goes "good pitching beats good hitting any day of the week". But 7 walks is NOT good pitching

19. OrangeRout

OrangeRout 25+ Posts

The team ERA was 2.12 before tonight and we gave up 2 earned runs tonight. Team ERA still drops by the smallest of margins despite the loss.

20. Thorp

Thorp 500+ Posts

Quit worrying about the team ERA and let's start concentrating on a well played game all around. Our pitching was rough and our bats were horrible. This is not the way to win any game. The streak is over, now let's get down to playing UT grade baseball. We have a really good team...now is the time for that short term memory. Tomorrow is another day and another game...let's play to win, quit looking at pitches. Running bases is elementary. Listen to Augie and play one inning at a time. Quit messing around and play the kind of baseball that you know how to do.

21. OrangeRout

OrangeRout 25+ Posts

I'm not worried about the team ERA, I was just pointing out a fact. Obviously the team needs better at bats with RISP. I believe they re-focus and come through today at the plate. TJ was forced to be damn near perfect without run support and it didn't happen. If we can get Cole some early runs I think he'll dominate.