Texas-Kansas Game Thread

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by sblazer, Feb 22, 2014.

1. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

21-2 run.... i'm gonna go shower and go find some dinner...

2. Texaholic

Texaholic 250+ Posts

Wiggins is on fire and the Horns can't buy a bucket... down 24-10.

3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Looks a lot like last year's team so far. Can't shoot for ****. Any team that shoots 25 percent will lose, regardless of what level of basketball you're playing.

4. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

I'd like some of these foul calls shown on replay. Regardless, if we can't make anything go in the hoop, it doesn't matter.

5. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Game over at the half. I don't know if we could win now if Kansas didn't score in the second half.

Kansas wins their tenth conference championship outright or shared in a row.

They will probably win the Conference Tounament too and that will have them charging hard for a #1 seed in the NCAA
    Tourney.

They did this after replacing all five starters from last year's team. Bill Self wins Big 12 coach of the year.

6. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Guards combined to shoot 6-37. Wrap your brain around how awful that is.

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

After the Horns went up 8-3 early, it was all downhill after that to a huge blowout by ku [​IMG]

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

9. MojoMan

MojoMan 1,000+ Posts

This looked a lot like last year's team, starting with Isaiah Taylor dribbling and playing iso ball far too much. It is now starting to appear that this team's early success had a lot to do with a chip on the shoulder attitude and the surprise factor that comes with an extremely young and reasonably talented team flying under the radar.

Unfortunately, the chip on the shoulder is now apparently long gone, in exchange for a more laid-back, cruise control oriented "we are good and we know it" brand of basketball. And with all the press this team has gotten and the tape that now exists chronicling this groups strengths and weaknesses in fine detail, there are not likely to be many more surprises. Unless this group somehow develops a smooth running, team-first approach to basketball that I do not get the sense that this team, and especially this team's point guards are currently ready for.

So more than likely, this team is going to have to take its licks, earn their stripes, hopefully win a game at the NCAA's before their exit, and then come back and try again next year. This is still a much better team than anyone except maybe Rick Barnes was expecting. So I am happy to see them back on track.

Let's look at the bright side. The glass is indeed half full.

10. L4UT

L4UT 100+ Posts

the life of college basketball on the road - i am no fan of the way rick put our program in jeopardy the last couple of years, but at the same time I'm not going to bash or jump to conclusions about a big score loss on the road
    actually rick has done a good job this year, just not sold on him really being able to correct the problems - he sure hurt the relationships he had with the high school coaches and his not going after Texas kids on the recruiting trail the last couple of years is going to be hard to change to get back in his favor

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Well, looks like the team we were expecting at the beginning of the season just showed up. Where ya been guys?

12. cud

cud 25+ Posts

As it has been quoted elsewhere, especially for young players...."Playing at the Phog is like the first time with a dominatrix - a 2 hour version of that moment when the whips and chains are broken out and you forget your safe word."

Well, I guess that's what it is like.