Texas @ KSU 02/23/22

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Feb 21, 2022.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Another big road game looms. There will definitely be adjustments by Jeff Mittie from the first game. It will be interesting to see what those are and how Vic adjusts to them. It is an absolute must that we play them with the same type of energy, focus, and fight that we play them with the first time around.
    :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

I'm a little surprised at KSU's record after Lee dropping the 60+ points on OU and looking unstoppable unless you really commit to playing D against her the way we did in Austin. But in looking at their schedule, they have won all their home Big 12 games except to ISU which they lost by 3. They seem to be a really different team at home versus on the road.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

That zone KState ran against Horns the first time was a disaster. They extended it and subsequently the middle and short corners were WIDE open. He has to adjust his zone to pack it in more. He cant give Warren and others the shots they had before.

4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

And we have gotten considerably better at attacking the zone. Road wins in Manhattan don’t come easy. We’ll need our A game… and more likely our A+ game.

Why do I need another game already? There should be a 12 step program for Longhorn WBB fans.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  5. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Hey, 2 games a week is healthy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Yep, we'll need our "unusually" "crisp" game!:lmao:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

:hookem::arrow-up:

• Like Like x 2
  8. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Wait! Rori with a pony tail. That's going to take some adjusting.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Let's go HORNS! Shut down Lee!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

That’s got to be one of if not the best collective 1Q we have played all B12 season long. Let’s keep it going, Jo looking confident and stroking it well.

Up 20-9.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Up 11 at the half. I want to see more of both Aaliyah’s in the second half. Overall, we look pretty locked in on both ends of the floor.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Okay, we need the gals to hold steady through the third so we can get Gaston, Warren and Harmon back into the game in the fourth!

13. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Holle is such a sparkplug!

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Matharu commits a couple silly TO’s and then hits her third 3 of the game to put us back up 10…you’ve just gotta let her play through her mistakes when her shots are falling like they are right now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Not sure why Lauren isn’t getting help when they actually get the ball to Lee down low. She pulls the ball down making it a good target for a help defender steal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Yes, she is doing quite well!

17. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

I sure wish Lauren Ebo would come back next season. She always steps up and has such strong games when another team has a true center comparable to her size. Ayoka Lee has 6 points, SIX. Lauren Ebo has 11 including a mid range jumper???? who knew she had that in her repertoire

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Happy to get another Q1 win on the road at an arena where KSU has only lost once (ISU) this season!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
  19. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Should be able to win 2 of the last 3 with our eyes closed.

20. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Lauren Ebo...MVP!:yippee:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Big road win! Shout out to Ebo for another impressive game against Ayoka Lee, and to Moore for coming in and giving us quality minutes when some folks were in foul trouble.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

So happy Matharu is back in the spotlight! Need to keep her perked up for post-season play!:fire:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I wasn't able to watch the game. But, looking at the stats, seems like we were safely in control of the game the majority of the time. Some numbers that stand out:

- 19 offensive rebounds; Pat Summitt (RIP) would be proud
    - 41-29 overall rebounding edge on the road will win you a lot of games
    - only 12 turnovers
    - KSU with 23 FT attempts compared to our 14 attempts; that kept them in the game
    - 5-12 from 3-point land is great for us
    - we took 63 shots from the field compared to their 42 shots

Probably could have blown them out had we made a few more putbacks (it seems). But, that's about the only negative thing I have to say tonight.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

How about Shay? She scored early and played serious defense. I think she set the pace for us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I love the way Ebo has been playing this entire month. She has been active offensively and on the boards especially the offensive rebounds. Not to mention she has been doing one heck of a job on the defensive end. I’ve been impressed with everyone but Holle is exactly the type of player we needed when we were in that slump. It’s not perfect but I’m happy with where we are at this point in the season. Got a few more games to really clean it all up and bring it together :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

The stat I liked the most was 14 assists on 23 made shots.

• Like Like x 5
  27. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Shay got us started and Ebo kept us on top. I've enjoyed watching both develop as players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  29. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

W W W W W

Five in a row. :bevo:

• Like Like x 5
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts