Texas @ KSU 02/23/22

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It's really great seeing the team having fun off the court! I love Japanese food!

• Like Like x 6
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

He made it sound like the refs should call more fouls because the game was physical; well, they called 4 fouls on Lee! Maybe Lee just didn't play smart, while Ebo did.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

He certainly was not happy with the refs. Did I understand him correctly? Was he accusing the refs of delaying the game because K-State was gaining momentum? o_O

• Like Like x 1
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

He came awfully close.

• Like Like x 2
  9. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We had 8 more fouls and they got to the line 23 times :idk:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Mittie whining about the officiating clearly shows his frustration over KSU's inability to handle our pressure defense. While I agree that the officiating was some of the worst I've seen this season, one look at the stats will prove who got the raw end of the deal and that wasn't the home team. Lee picked up some fouls by reacting out of frustration. She's accustomed to having her way in the paint and hasn't been able to establish her dominance against our defenders. Nice job by Ebo & Co.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Great job, team. Biggest winners -- Ebo, Moore, and winning a tough game with Rori's shooting game being off.

• Like Like x 5
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Do NOT say things like that. These girls might take you seriously and try it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Hopefully the 2 home losses to Tech and Kansas that effectively cost them a shot at the regular season conference championship are still lurking in the backs of their minds.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I think they only close their eyes when they shoot free throws. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

One of the things Vic mentioned in his post-game radio interview was that Rori took way too many shots (4-17); and, I agree. Rori had such a great game at ISU where she literally could not miss a shot; not all games are going to be that way for her. Obviously, she's still learning this season. She needs to learn/accept when her shot is just not falling, and make the decision to find the teammate with the hotter shooting hand (like Matharu last night). I'm guessing most of her missed shots were mid-range jumpers where she found a soft spot in their zone defense; if so, those aren't bad shots to take whatsoever (unless your stroke is off).

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Fortunately the free-throw shooting has been better lately. It has been one of the statistical categories for this team that has had me cursing at the TV all season until recently.
    :soapbox:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yep... Missed a lot of midrange jumpers in the open seams of the KSU zone. Not sure why Vic thought she took too many shots, because as you said those are the shots you're looking for and most were well into the shot clock. We ran good, patient offense last night and got good looks but both Rori and JAT struggled shooting. Had they shot a little better we would have won by about 20, because we really had our way with KSU and the game did not feel as close as the score indicated. Having said that, both JAT and Rori did hit some very timely shots when they were needed.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  19. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Is there a paywall behind Mittie's post game conference OR I'm just having problem with my computer?

20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I watched it on KSU's website - no paywall there. As I'd tell one of my analysts: more than likely the cause of the issue is originating between the chair and the keyboard. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I didn’t have any problem watching it. It was painful to watch if you’re a Wildcat fan. Mittie was steaming. Had some good comments but it was difficult for him.

• Like Like x 3
  22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Mittie's comment singling out Ebo saying that her having only one foul was a joke was in very poor taste IMO. Big freakin crybaby...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Yup DFW, figured it out, it was my pop-up blocker!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1