Texas @ KSU

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by WCBBNUT, Jan 5, 2018.

1. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

As we know, there is never an off night in the B12. KSU is no exception. While I expect us to win, we can’t ignore that KSU beat WV with a strong 4th quarter finish and played OSU very close having battled back from an early deficit. Final score 68-76. KSU outscored WV in the 2,3 and 4th quarters and OSU in both the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Horns need to play a full 40 on Sunday. Put them away early and don’t let them back in the game. Might be another game where the Freshman don’t get in.

2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We'd better not sleep on KSU.

3. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I didn't know KSU was so good this year. That's scary. We have to forget about OSU, WVU, etc., and be ready. I hope we don't underestimate them.

4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Watch party:

Sunday
    Jan 7 @ 1:00 PM

The Local Post
    7113 Burnet Rd
    Austin, TX 78757

• Like Like x 1
  5. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Someone asked this not long ago, but has anyone heard anything from BabHorn??

• Like Like x 2
  6. airtightskipole

airtightskipole 25+ Posts

Thanks for taking these post over. Anyone know if Babhorn is ok? I might have just missed him but I haven’t seen his post in a while.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Pregame Notes from Texas Sports:

Texas is the nation's No. 2 team in rebounding margin with a +13.8 edge on the glass. The Longhorns also rank 10th nationally in rebounds per game with 45.62. Texas has won the battle of the boards in 12 of 13 games this season and, dating back to the start of the 2015-16 campaign, UT has held the edge on the glass in 72 of 83 total games.

Offensively, the Longhorns rank eighth nationally in scoring offense with 87.1 points per game and 11th in scoring margin at +24.2.

McCarty leads the way for Texas, averaging 14.7 points per game and a squad-best 5.0 assists per game. Higgs follows with 13.8 points per game, but in conference games only, she is averaging 20.7 points per game, shooting 66.7 percent from the field and 15-of-16 from the free-throw line. Senior guard Ariel Atkins, who will play in her 100th career game on Sunday, adds 13.5 points per game and has come up with a team-high 33 steals. Junior center Jatarie White is the team's rebounding leader with 6.2 boards per game.

Texas and Kansas State meet for the 35th time in the history of the two programs with the Longhorns leading the all-time series 20-14. Texas has claimed seven of the last eight meetings, including a 69-61 win in Manhattan last season. The Wildcats lead the all-time series 8-7 when the game is played in Manhattan. Texas has won five consecutive meetings with Kansas State, which marks the Longhorns' longest win streak in the history of the series.

The Wildcats enter Sunday's game with a 9-5 overall record and a 1-2 tally in Big 12 play. Kansas State is coming off a 60-52 victory at No. 12 West Virginia on Wednesday, which snapped a three-game losing streak for the Wildcats.

Junior guard Kayla Goth is the Big 12 Conference leader in assists with 6.4 assists per game and also leads Kansas State in scoring with 16.7 points per game. Sophomore forward Peyton Williams and freshman guard Rachel Ranke follow with 13.2 and 12.1 points per game, respectively. Senior forward Shaelyn Martin is the squad's leading rebounder with 7.8 boards per game.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

KSU is not a good rebounding team. They rank 269 out of 345 teams with only a +3.4 margin. We need to dominate the glass; if we do, I think we'll be fine.

9. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Someone left the lid on our basket

10. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Not a good start at all.

11. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

We should really be prepared as a Team. That most team's are going to play us in a Zone. Why do we look so unprepared as a Team for this.

12. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

We are a terribly coached team.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Totally incorrect

• Like Like x 3
  14. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Again. Totally incorrect

• Like Like x 2
  15. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Again. Totally incorrect.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  16. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

At last a little life. We looked shell shocked at first. But when we got more aggressive on defense and Lashann got going, things are looking better. Joyner looked good. I loved Rellah's three, and Audrey's cool basket at the end of the half.

• Like Like x 4
  17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Higgs is shooting 100%

• Like Like x 1
  18. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I wondered how could that rumor be true, about the kid's on campus.
    Because the Women's Team has done pretty well the last 3 year's.
    And in shape to be even better this year.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Because it’s no true. Historically the students haven’t been a factor in attendance for WBB at UT. Never.

• Like Like x 2
  20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

This terribly coached team is now up 17. I wish she knew what she was doing with her 12-1 #8 team. :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 3
  21. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Come on Texas. Finish strong. Don’t let them back in the game

22. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

One more rebound and Audrey has a double double

• Like Like x 2
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So happy to see Audrey-Anne having so much success on the court today both offensively and defensively. Hoping she can build on this and become more consistent offensively each game.

Double-double for AA!

• Like Like x 5
  24. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Higgs rolls on. When Brooke doesn't have a good game, I think it affects the whole team a lot.

• Like Like x 4
  25. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Is Joyner in such bad shape that she can't play more than 5 minutes or whatever? I'm not getting it.

• Like Like x 1
  26. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

B12 Coach of the Year notches another W.

Shocking stat: only 9 points from the bench

27. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Not getting it either. I was going to say foul trouble but she had 2 and Boothe had 4. She gets better each game so I expect it’s about to happen.

But it’s kind of nice knowing that neither a UConn nor Baylor will know whether they can expect her in the lineup or not. How does a team scout us right now knowing that our starting lineup could suddenly become McCarty, Higgs, Atkins, White and Holmes knowing that Sutton, Boothe, AA, Hosey are able to jump in at any minute and then you still have Patterson, Underwood, Littleton etc,

28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Good road win. Improve on the mistakes and get better as a team.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  29. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Can't speak to her basketball-level conditioning, but did you note how soon into the game she was inserted?

• Like Like x 2
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Did Joyner play in the second half?

Didn't seem liked Sutton returned to play in the second half until late in the fourth quarter, but I could be wrong.

Another game where Destiny was only in warmups. She could really help us against zone defenses.