Texas Legacy Support Network

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Billy Dale, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Billy Dale

Billy Dale The History of Longhorn Sports through 2014

Over the last seven years, chronicling the history of Longhorn sports has been a passionate part of the TLSN mission. That passion has not waned. On the contrary, it is stronger now than in 2014.

That said, Longhorn sports history is not the primary mission of TLSN. Instead, TLSN Board members' - Jim Kay, Benny Pace, Beth Coblentz, Spanky Stephens, and Billy Dale - goal is to raise and distribute funds through a 501(c)(3) to assist qualifying former Longhorn student-athletes, trainers, managers, coaches, and their immediate families.

The TLSN Board has fulfilled this role formally for three former student-athletes and informally (before tax-exempt) 8 others. All qualified for assistance.

With deep sadness and reflection, I read about the circumstances surrounding the death of Chris Samuels. I don't know if Chris was seeking help but could not find it, or maybe he knew there was help (TLSN) but refused it.

However, what I do know is that TLSN had resources available to help Chris. Contributions from the heart of donors to assist those who built the Longhorn Brand.

My guess is that Chris was not aware of TlSN’s mission. If that is true, the Longhorn Nation needs to remedy that travesty. More needs to be done to inform all who qualify that there is an organization whose sole mission is to help qualifying former Longhorns.
    https://texas-lsn.squarespace.com/chris-samueltexas legacy support network (2).jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good reminder, thanks Billy.

We have a sticky post on the football forum so I hope that it will be seen by someone who needs it.

tlsn.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Boo ou

Boo ou < 25 Posts

Proud to say I am honored to support TLSN.

• Winner Winner x 1