Texas Longhorns vs. 8 Baylor Bears - 'Think Pink' Game

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by MikeUT00, Feb 12, 2008.

1. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

Obviously this will be a big game. We came so close to beating the Lady Bears in Waco. Since that valiant one-point loss effort, we have lost to OU at home and A&M on the road. Hopefully we can put an end to this skid and beat the Bears on our court! Go Lady 'Horns!

Don't forget this is our "Think Pink" game. Think Pink

[​IMG]

2. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

There's only 8 of 'em? We should run their legs off.

3. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

For anyone interested, here is the pink shirt for the Baylor game. Proceeds go to a good charity. Think Pink shirt

[​IMG]

4. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I got one like the one Coach G's wearig last week.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Heh, I don't like the one Gail's wearing, b/c I think shirts with a huge Texas Longhorn logo in the front should only be burnt orange. But I will be there with a pair of shirts that are pink nonetheless. I've gotten a couple of friends to come also. Overall facebook has about 360 confirmed people on the "'Think Pink' Basketball Game" group so we might have some decent yelling from the O-Zones on defense for once!

7. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

good crowd here tonight. Lots of pink. We're up by 7 at half, 26-19!

8. CamrnCrz1974

CamrnCrz1974 100+ Posts

Texas wins, 61-51! After losing to Baylor by one in Waco, the Longhorns get revenge!

9. TX_FLAG

TX_FLAG 25+ Posts

Great job ladies!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

There were a lot of students tonight. It was a great sight to see! [​IMG]

11. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

And the appearance of the magical/mythical yellow seal was particularly ENTERTAINING!!! That was a GREAT RIDE!!!

THANKS STAT!

12. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Fantastic defensive effort and great win for the Horns. The crowd reminded me of the ole glory days...over 7,000. I gotta believe all those students in the O Zone yelling and waving pink balloons had at least a little to do with Baylor's lousy game from the line. Had they made those shots (too many called by the zebras in that second half [​IMG] ), we most likely would be licking our wounds rather than celebrating. Good job all around!!! [​IMG]

I particularly enjoyed the inbound mess-up near the end. Obviously Kim had set up a play for a sideline entry and the refs put it on the baseline. Kim was about to die!!! Loved it!

14. sim111

sim111 < 25 Posts

Coingratulations on a great win!

15. jerwilliamz

jerwilliamz 25+ Posts

great to see the students. I am so happy they came out and supported the team. Hope they come back!

16. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Quote from Coach G:
    The crowd: The students were incredible tonight. I usually don’t hear fans at all but I could hear the students and that meant a lot. When Baylor made their runs, you could feel the energy in the building trying to help us through. I certainly hope they will come back.

17. hornacopia

hornacopia < 25 Posts

Maybe we should wear PINK every game?? Just kidding. That's the only pink shirt I own, and I don't like to do laundry!

18. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

The ladies were awesome! Keep it going! [​IMG]

19. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

The students WERE incredible! I hope they keep coming back as well. At the same time, I deeply appreciate those who (like me) have filled the seats all season long...through wins and losses. And, if Coach G has not heard us at all, then we've gotta be even louder! [​IMG]

20. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

Great Yahoo Sports write-up. "Neighborhood bullies"...LOL! I'd have to agree.

YahooSports

21. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Coach G is remarkable!

[​IMG]

22. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Great team effort ! Hopefully this will get us going on the right track. I love the energy level and hustle all over the floor.