Texas-Louisville Vball Natty

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by Dionysus, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

That was fun to watch

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

EDEF3600-C901-4A11-B5BD-AAC3DA4B2164.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  3. LonghornCatholic

In honor, and to show my devotion to this team’s incredible season, I just ordered volleyball shorts just like the ones they wear! :yippee:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

Zoe Fleck being left off the all-tournament team is a travesty. She's arguably the MVP of the team.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Congratulations Lady Horns you are undisputed National Champions!!!! :yippee:

:tower:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

:hookem: :bevo::hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Coach said the F word when describing Eggleston?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Daughter heard that slip up but I missed it. Heck he has to be proud of her and the whole team. Way to play ladies.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

vball.jpg

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Guess we will never know what that last overturned challenge was. The ref said touched but that was not the challenge. I think it was not touched by Louisville. I saw the ball hit the Louisville player on the sholder and bounce out of bounds. Any body that can provide an explanation.

12. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

That was fun to watch in person, live! Great environment with a BIG majority rooting for Louisville. It's great to come out of there with a sweep!

I've had enough of this weather. I'm ready to get back to Texas!

Hook'em!

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  13. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Getting Zoe Fleck through the transfer portal was HUGE for this year. She's amazing to watch.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

Btw, this was my 4th NCAA Championships to attend in 2 different sports. The last 3 tennis championships and now volleyball. Everytime I've attended, a Texas team has won! :hookem:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  15. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

No defensive players...not sure why. And one Louisville player, Chousee, hit under .200 and was still named while Molly Phillips, who hit over .300 wasn't. Not sure how they pick that team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

:shrug:
    the one call was a good call, Phillips ball hit the tape and never made it over the net.

If it was hit by Louisville, it actually hit the line.

17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Wrong. It clearly hit the UL player on the forearm clear as day. What they claimed was it hit Molly's shoulder when it came back over. If it did it was a super micro touch, but there's no way a decent unbiased ref overturns it. Simply no way to tell for sure and you can't overturn based on that.

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

You need to go back to Omaha in June if the baseball team makes it!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I would disagree with "clearly", not what I saw but it does not matter now.

• poop poop x 1
  20. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Of course it isn't what you saw. But it is what 99.9% of fans posting on this an other forums saw. Go to 1:38 below. Every angle shows the ball hitting the UL player forearm. If you view and stop and look at the best angle showing Molly's shoulder you can clearly see the ball 1/2" above Molly's shoulder at it's closest point. No way it ever touched Molly.

Sat, 12/17 - #1 Louisville vs. #1 Texas (Championship) | Watch ESPN

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 5
  22. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 4
  23. LonghornCatholic

Not the level of "He's going for the corner!" but close....

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Pics or it didn't happen.

Wait a minute. I think we are just going to trust you instead.

• Funny Funny x 3
  25. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I am at a disadvantage because I have not seen the poll of what 99.9% of the posters think. I am unaware that the sole basis of overturning the point was the ball hitting Molly's shoulder. I did not "clearly" see the ball hitting a cardinal. I did not think the ball ever cleared the net. What is not clear to me is that they ruled the ball Cleared the net and was out of bounds. We do not have the advantage of watching the point in still frame, the officials do.

26. LonghornCatholic

The announcers, one clearly biased (Ms Maid of Honor) throughout, stated it hit the shoulder but that may have been their assumption not necessarily the official call. The white line rule was the close call for me. Maybe that’s what they based the overturn on, but I’m just guessing. We won so, im good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

When the refs made their call to overturn, the signal they gave was that it touched Molly. Thus, their basis for overturning was the touch, not the in bounds or out of bounds portion.

You need new glasses or something. The TV replayed the point many times from many angles, and it was clear as day from some of the angles that the ball first hit the Cardinal player, then hit the tape on the way back over (this definitely was not clear from the live angle though). The view from right along the top of the net was probably the most obvious version.

Go back to my first response. The call was a touch on our player. The referee wiped one hand across the other which is the signal for a touch. The only way that call would even come into play is if the refs agreed the ball cleared the net, and landed out of bounds. At that point the question became a matter of which player did it last touch, and they ruled Molly was the one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

Gladly! I'll stay at the same Airbnb which I would highly recommend. :yes:

29. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I did not see the replays or the ruling, I had left the room with just the live play and the a first replay. So i did not have an understanding for the reason of the overturn.

kinda depressed at the time time because I remembered Penn State.

But, I may need glasses too.

30. LonghornCatholic

Fellas, we won :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1