Texas-Oklahoma State Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Have to wonder if Hager's actions are based on how he feels about the game on the field or lack of game from the coaches.

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

And that performance, my Friends, was after a bye week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Did Charlie just use us for the money?

He is very slow to address obvious issues -- how would you explain that?

4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

A negative snowball just got tipped over a hill.

5. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

These coaches should be prosecuted for stealing public funds!

6. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Strong wasn't ready for the big time. Kind of like Franklin at Penn State. Ours isn't the kind of job where you give a guy a chance to improve his résumé. We are the final destination.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

8. LonghornCatholic

I beg to differ. We're back to the same horrendous coaching we had the previous 2 years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

How bad would it have been if Texas didn't have the extra week?

Before the team leaves the stadium today, Perrin needs to tell Strong that he cannot protect him any longer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

Time to let the big cigars do what they do.

12. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

He needs to be gone today along with the rest of these loser coaches. What a joke.

13. LonghornCatholic

Charlie just said in presser "we got to improve".

He got this!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Whatever happened to using last year's game against OK State as locker room fodder for this year? We should have won that game and got screwed about 7 different ways. This was supposed to be revenge. The payback. The lack of motivation outside of maybe the RBs and occasional role players was sorely evident again.

15. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

Hell yeah! If you're living in Irving, anytime you can get out of town is a good thing.

16. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

I have supported strong from day 1.

I cannot any longer. Do what we need to keep recruits and not give up on the season but he has to go.

17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Watching good teams play sure makes me question the comments of "we've got the talent just bad coaches". I'm not at all convinced we have outstanding talent anymore, even as much as I worship my Horns.
    I mean really, why would we never go across the middle, every other team does and not just passing teams.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LonghornCatholic

Hopefully Fenves and Perrin won't be too political when it comes to moving forward.

19. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

I have not posted all that much, however I feel compelled!
    I have been an ardent supporter of CS. After today's abortion of a performance, well Bedford is not the only one that should be gone tomorrow morning!
    Our defense could not stop a 7 grade "b" team offense! Missed tackles! Arm tackles! Blown coverages! Lack of fundamentals!
    It is quite apparent the players are not listening nor understanding what is being said.
    And while I like aggressive play, #2 on kick returns is killing us. He returns kicks that are 6 yards deep in the end zone instead of taking a knee! He costs 8-10 yards in position when he runs it out to the 17.
    Only 1 turnover for the defense in 4 games???????

Sorry very angry, frustrated and now drunk!

• Like Like x 4
  20. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

I fear we may be down both of our running backs for weeks to come......uggh!!!

21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Strong should have faked an injury and skipped the PC. He is digging his hole deeper.

• Like Like x 4
  22. scottsp

scottsp 100+ Posts

It is shocking how unwilling we are to throw the ball between the hashes.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  23. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

So Baylor can coddle and even celebrate rapists, lose half their team, name an interim coach, AND come from way behind to win on the road? ******* baptists.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Why even keep him to finish the season? It's an embarrassment.

• Like Like x 1
  25. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

For the10,00th time I've heard him say that. BS!!! I think theTCU game will be his last, unless e runs the table which ain't gonna happen.

• Like Like x 1
  26. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  27. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Apparently the middle if the field is a do not enter zone for texas. The receivers never go there and neither do the defensive backs.

28. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

And the opposition knows it - that we won't try between the hashes.

29. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

That clip of Bedford taking off the headphones while Strong screams is going to make its way around the team for sure. No one is steering the ship, and while searching for accountability, they all tune out each other. This might be the worst coaching state we've been in (and I'm including 1997).

• Like Like x 2
  30. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I got it, we reserve the middle exclusively for rushes. Don't want the turf torn up by running passing routes.

• Like Like x 1