Texas opening line + 5.5

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by humahuma, Nov 25, 2018.

1. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

now it Texas plus 6.

2. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Not sure why this much love for OU. Their D will keep anyone in the game. I get they have 1 loss and we have 3, but all our games have been close. 6 pts is a lot in this game.

3. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

O/U is 79.5 Vegas insider has us at +7.5. I will take the Horns and the points for sure.:hookem:

4. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Maybe I should put $100 on OU to cover. Maybe my reverse psychology that I used on my pick'em picks will work. I know Texas can still cover and lose but I don't think we lose by 3 to 6. If we lose this game it will be by 17+ points.

OU is going to try and beat us down to prove that they belong in the playoffs.

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I thought OU would open 7-8 point favorite so closer opening line then I thought it would be.

6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Looks like +8 now

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Six is a lot but it also accounts for the repeated failures of Texas defense to stop any high powered offenses with regularity AND the fact that we have a QB with a wounded wing. Had Sam been rested last week, I suspect we see an opening line of +3.5-4 points instead of 5.5 to 6.

8. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

Maybe we'll beat them by 7.5 to 8.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

That’s about what James Brown said (more or less) before we beat Nebraska in 1996.

• Like Like x 1
  10. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

And he delivered on it. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. HornyBill

HornyBill 25+ Posts

As many points that are expected to be scored, 6 points isnt a lot. We better score 40 if we want a chance to win

12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

OU should be favored in this game. They went 11-1. Texas went 9-3 with two really bad losses. Texas gets a punchers chance to win a championship. I'll take it.

13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'd take the horns and the points. Bookie & Co can keep you in the game. I dread seeing those big WR's in the slot.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I personally am not feeling so great about this game with how many we have hobbling around. TH has figured out a way to keep every game close so I really shouldn't expect anything different in this one.

15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Disappointing losses. Yes. Heartbreaking losses. Yes. But a 9-3 record with a total point differential of 9 may not qualify as bad losses. After all, Maryland (the first game of the season for us, and a road game) took the mighty tOSU to the brink, and should have converted that 2 point play that cost them the win.

Okie Light beat us, barely, and they beat WVU, and WVU beat us on a 2 point conversion. So, if there is such a thing as a good 9-3 record, we might have it.

But like everyone else, I’m nervous about Saturday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

The creep upwards in the line may be due to the book's knowledge that Sam will not be 100%.

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

^^^^THIS

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The line did move

[​IMG]