Texas opens -10.5 vs. TTU

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Someone in Vegas thinks we will be able to score 11 points
    What say ye?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  3. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Jett Duffy will throw at least three interceptions and we win by 20

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I find myself wondering what the point spread will be for Game One next season featuring Tom The Herman vs. Chuck F'n Strong

Sort of an early Bowl Game between past Texas ADs

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

And Hornfans will be predicting great things for 2020!

CFP, baby!!

:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HIC,

What is that? "Cluster f**k P***"

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dallas: 6-5
    Jerry Jones: “At the end of the day, the buck stops with me."

Texas: 6-5
    Tom Herman: “At the end of the day, the buck stops with me."

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ditto: DL Malcolm Roach

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Inside Texas thinks at least 4 assistants to be fired, both sides

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Well, Hand and Orlando are under contract through next season so I doubt either of them will be fired.

I would think Beck either gets fired or moved to Fedora's spot (assuming the rumors of him leaving are true) if they still want him as a recruiter. Mehringer and Warehime are possibilities as well, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

That means that Hand is the last non-coordinator under a multiyear contract. If you keep Orlando you might as well keep his assistants and hope that he does the honorable thing and make changes on his own.

That would mean all dismissed would be offense assistants adding Drayton and Meekins to Mehringer and Warehime (of course all in addition to Beck). Running backs and running game are horrible which calls for Drayton to go, and any coach connected to the receivers has got to go because the Texas receivers have not shown that they know how to play the position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

As I have said before. Releasing coaches is one thing, but finding quality replacements will be nearly impossible. Who, worth a flip, will come with Herman on the hot seat ? ....and he will be on the hot seat. Texas will have to sign guys with multi-year guaranteed contracts to get them. I would want 3 years guaranteed to come work under Herman next year. Figure having to out bid the schools where they are now employed, and Texas will have to go big $$$$. May be better off to just jettison Herman now, because if he doesn't get quality we will be firing everyone next year anyway.

15. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Probably not getting drafted besides maybe Duvernay late....Might as well play before your playing days are over for good.

16. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Lets look at common opponents for Tech and Texas
    Tech Texas
    OU -- L 55-16 L 34- 27 add Texas
    OSU- W45-35 W 36-30 Call it even
    BU -- L 33-30 L 24-10 add Tech
    ISU - L 34-24 L 23-21 Call it even
    KU -- L 37-34 W 50-48 add Texas
    WVU- W 38-17 W 42-31 add Tech
    TCU - L 33-31 L 37-27 add Tech
    KSU - L 30-27 W 27-24 add Texas
    This is a dead heat .... This one is a toss up !!!!!!!!!
    Duffy has thrown for over 300 yards on average last 7 games
    Sam has thrown for about 260 yards on average last 7 games
    Can't see Texas being favored by over 10 pts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Ah, yes. Unjustified optimism followed by abject suicidal despair forgetting that ultimately it is a young man's game which has no real impact on any particular fan's character. Or at least should not.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. BurntOrangeLH

I think Duvernay goes before round 4. Jones should, but we will see. Collin will be round 5 or 6 if at all. So sad.

19. BurntOrangeLH

Drayton, Hand, Beck, Washington, Giles and Orlando are safe. Meekins, Mehringer and Warhime may not be? Surely Naivar and McKnight are good.

I think we have a little media hysteria here. But there is vocal hysteria in the "fan" base too, so maybe we have evidence of contagion here.

20. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You can’t detect sarcasm. I can’t help you with that.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

FWIW, many parents of players are scheduled to be in Austin early for a team Thanksgiving dinner.
    That might get interesting
    Wonder if Del Conte will attend?

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Offensive analyst Andre Coleman also not expected back

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

from days of yore

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe our assistants will be getting RVs as parting gifts?
    [​IMG]

27. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

All my life I've been hoping Texas would make it to the Camping World bowl.

Damn, the only cheesier bowl than that is the "well you know".

28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

4-7 is dead even with 6-5 even though our toughest ooc was LSU and theirs was Arizona? I think that's giving them too much credit for looking good/close while losing. 10.5 does seem like a lot, but we've allowed 24, 23, and 24 points this month, while they've been allowing in the mid 30s pretty regularly most of the year, so that actually seems about right then.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More from the days of yore

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is part of Chip Brown on this

"Tom Herman knows the coordination of his offense is broken and is ready to make substantial staff changes that would include bringing in a new offensive coordinator, sources tell Horns247. Herman has identified a leading offensive coordinator candidate, and Texas will move quickly, following Friday’s regular-season finale against Texas Tech, to try to hire that person, sources said. That hire is not a slam dunk, because the leading candidate already has a job at a school that could take bold measures to keep him, sources said.

There could be as many as four current offensive assistant coaches who are let go or reassigned, sources said. Those moves will come quickly following the Texas Tech game, sources said. As a result of these developments, director of recruiting Bryan Carringtonis being activated to hit the recruiting trail beginning Saturday.

We’ve heard conflicting information about the fate of Herman’s defensive staff. Defensive coordinator Todd Orlando has one year left on a three-year, guaranteed extension and raise (from $1.1 million to $1.7 million per year) he received after the 2017 season. That could result in Orlando returning next season. Defensive line coach Oscar Giles, safeties coach Craig Naivar and cornerbacks coach/recruiting coordinator Jason Washington are all on year-to-year contracts. I was told not to be surprised if current offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Tim Beck decides to spend more time with his family...."

Eyes of Texas: Changes are coming

• Hot Hot x 1