Texas-OU Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I wonder if she was aiming that at our team or the gooner fans?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The picture of the remaining season is not a good one. This team has played horrible level football the last three weeks and it's not getting any better. We were lucky to beat Tech, were pushed around by TCU and as bad as OU looked, there is no excuse for not winning this game. I won't take the time to review the defense, will say that overall, the D is smoldering garbage heap. The O looks good at times, but against better D's it can not be expected to score every possession. I'd like to see Sam take more of what the opposing D offers and not try to hit a homerun on every or even every other play. And special teams...no words suffice.

Well, where the program is at right now isn't good, not even encouraging. Every week the overall play appears to erode more than the prior week. Don't know the answer, but I've seen little almost no improvement since last season. I hope the coaches can turn this around, but I have my doubts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BLUE DUTCH

BLUE DUTCH 25+ Posts

Lots of holding by ou secondary not called!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Poor little thing. Tell her to try not to take it so hard. She will get used to it as the season moves forward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

This says it all.

Sam rushed for 112 yds. The running backs rushed for 28. Pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I must have missed it but where was Sterns?.I saw him leaving the field at the end of the game

7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow, Sam just said nothing good ever comes out of splintering. Wonder what he might have been referring to? Also commented about discipline, that guy is a real leader just wish he could have gone out on a more positive note vs OU.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Back at hotel, and I have to say just as I predicted the team that gets pressure on the qb wins - they did and we didn’t. I feel bad for Sam, yeah he made some mistakes but I can say he never quit and he never gave up

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Bum toe from TCU game. Tried to cut during warmups and couldn't go.

We need to do some more work with cross training the DBs. We are basically relying on would-be LBs in any other system, and then throwing out some young guys who should be playing nickel/dime corner to play deep. I like our DB recruiting, but we have some big issues to tackle.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Harry1969

Harry1969 < 25 Posts

What happened to all these 5 star DB’s we recruited. Thry don’t serm to get within 5 yards of most receivers

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I couldn't help but to notice all the poseurs posing with the hat while doing the horns down nonsense...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Between the time out to ice him and overloading to his right side, I cannot help but to think we would do well to consistently overload. Is there really a downside?

13. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

Maybe we’ll make it to another bowl and Herman will have another meaningless victory.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Toilet Bowl held in Norman

15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

At the beginning of the game I honestly felt like there was more intensity and electricity in the stands than on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I know if my punt returner got head hunted early in a rivalry game, there would be a dog pile on the perpetrator... go ahead, flag me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

"Splintering"?

That's on you TH!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  18. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

Sam had some great, gutsy runs today that temporarily pulled us out of the fire late in the game. However, he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with his passing. I mean he had maybe 3 passes all day that were on the money and two of those were on stop routes.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

That’s why a good coach adjusts to help him out. Alas, we don’t have a good coach.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

That should have been a targeting call and player ejected.

• Agree Agree x 5
  21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow, Sam just said nothing good ever comes out of splintering. Wonder what he might have been referring to? Also commented about discipline, that guy is a real leader just wish he could have gone out on a more positive note vs OU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

At some point the players have to take responsibility for what they do on the field. I don't know about the coaching. What I do know is the player held, not the coach.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Players make mistakes....it happens. Teams who do stupid **** over and over in every phase of the game, game after game....well, thats coaching. So this falls under coaching.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  24. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I think it falls under both. Players that make stupid mistakes over and over are well...acting stupid. Whether they are stupid I don't know but they are continuing to do stupid things. So it doesn't make much difference if you are just stupid or you just do stupid things. The outcome is the same. Coaches that can't teach them to be something other than stupid are not doing their job. Either teach them or find smarter players one or the other. But right now we have a team that makes too many unforced errors. Certainly wouldn't be acceptable in my field. You'd get fired.

25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yes and at done point in the future, they will find out the hard way.

26. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Herman could give a rat’s behind. He’s gonna get paid no matter what.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Oklahoma and ou hate all things Texas and especially UT. They genuinely hate UT more than the love ou.... always have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's a sad thing to live a life in response to another as opposed to living a life that you build yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

no, man it's a rabbit!

30. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

What I want to know is why do all opposing backs seems so fast and ours seem slower? Every team has backs that jitterbug thru our defense and ours? Well they just hit the pile and drop. Bijan has showed he can make some moves in space so use him that way, not as a pile mover.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2