Texas-OU Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Oct 10, 2020.

1. bigrob35

bigrob35 25+ Posts

I am going to go out on a limb, and say that Texas finishes 4-6 or 3-7 and has the worst season in 25 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. Harry1969

Harry1969 < 25 Posts

Same on story.TH says we made too many mistakes, cost ourselves the game. That’s on me to fix. How many more years do we have to listen to this. Can’t wait for KU and we can get another conference win.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Harry1969

Harry1969 < 25 Posts

He’s going to error, he’s going to fix errors , he is going to fix errors , this is a recording

• Like Like x 2
  4. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Don’t count that chicken yet for KU It’s on the road!

He-Man needed a long Fg at the end of the game to win it last year.

5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Big rob I’m hoping your wrong but wouldn’t be surprised if I’m hoping against hope. I never believed we were as good as the early hype this year but as the saying goes “everyone’s undefeated at the season opening”.

6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Talent covers errors. You can say you are physically gifted but the mental side of the game is also a talent or is it not? It's the full package. The great minds are not just intellectual; they are also emotionally in charge of their vision. The ability to execute is as much a sign of talent to me as a 4.4 40.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Harry 1969, They have been coached up to do social distancing because of covid. I think they are doing great.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Probably because Texas running backs aren’t running against the Texas defense. This bend don’t break mentality isn’t going to cut it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GV Longhorn

GV Longhorn 100+ Posts

Herman Needs to Go

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

ou as lovely as ever

• poop poop x 3
  11. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

They better be glad they are pretty good at football, because they got nothin else

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Anyone notice the OU players taunting our recruits in the end zone after the game? Sorta pissed me off.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Like the line from the remake of The Longest Yard...

He so fast that he makes fast people seem...not fast

14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

But...the binder...and Mensa...

Oh wait...yeah, you're right.

15. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

They're just sick people. It's that simple. Scum. Losers. No-lifers. If I were in charge of OU I'd DEMAND that these people leave the program. But we know what would happen: hate mail and death threats.

College football is an absolute joke if this is the standard of behavior to be a fan.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

It’s even dumber as there is no team in college football, OU included, who would not offer Sam a starting QB spot for next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Texas was the visiting team so no Texas sponsored recruits at the game.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

What makes you think "these people" are part of "the program"?

More than likely Walmart t-shirt fans that hocked the wheels of their homes to buy the tickets in the endzone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh, so the players in the Texas EZ wearing jerseys and in shorts were what - injured, walk ons? I’m sure someone knows. None looked hurt and they were there the whole game.

20. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hurt players.

21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Why not with team, others were.

22. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

E3D36923-92B3-4EF9-ADCE-1E46517AE592.jpeg Found this pic. The way they jumped up and down on occasion sure didn’t look injured.
    But regardless OU enjoyed taunting them at end of game.

23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

True. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word, "program." But the fans are a huge part of any college program and if they are being encouraged or tolerated then my point stands; let them know they are not welcome at the games.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You should see the OU end zone when they are losing. Stadium is empty before the game is over. Can’t take the payback.

25. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh my, not going to name him but I can tell you one reason our blitz isn’t so effective is I just watched a LB jog in and duck sideways on the block. I mean it was really wimpy. Sad

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It has become the normal

[​IMG]

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Scipio on the OL play

From my perspective, I would pick Angilau as the most disappointing - he totally fooled me, I thought he was going to be good

"Offensive Line

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Oklahoma now has 15 sacks against Herb Hand's offensive lines over the last two years. Hand can't teach this running game. Pad level is still atrocious. I will continue to write this every week. They think outside zone blocking means standing up and running to a spot instead of seeking violent contact in a coordinated way. If the defender wants to go somewhere, help them and then keep pushing them past the spot they wanted with their own momentum. If they want to plug, seal a side, and let the back choose. Our execution in zone blocking at the point of attack is so poor and we have no idea how to cap play side penetration or win the edge when OU conceded it by alignment with some overloads. We're also not syncing up the RB's steps to the rhythms of the blocking. Shanahan would laugh out loud at our outside zone running game coordination and our inability to marry it to obvious constraints.

Aside from giving up six sacks and a dozen pocket hits on Ehlinger along with no running game, the OL repeatedly beat the offense with killer mistakes. Derek Kerstetter cost Texas 4 points with a foolish personal foul on the 1 yard line. Angilau tossed away a potential score by jumping offsides on a 4th and 2 in Sooner territory that then forced a punt. Then Junior's hold in the 4th overtime created a 1st and goal from the 19 yard line. Sam's improvisation happens a lot more manageably in 10 yard chunks. Once that happened, Longhorn chances of a tying touchdown and two point conversion were cut 80%. OL can't do this to your team. They're supposed to be the steady reliables. The foundation. Not drive killers.

Christian Jones struggled badly with Bonitto and other Sooner edge rushers when they didn't even have to think about run game or honoring the edge. Gave up two sacks and two holds. Instead of helping him on 3rd and long, we put our flexed TEs into the route on nearly every play. Total tight end catches in 53 pass attempts? 2 for 14 yards. Good times. Reveals a strong understanding of risk/reward. Are we under the impression that Travis Kelce is on our roster?

Our second best tackle plays center and right now he's not very good at center. Texas needs a total re-imagining of the OL, but it's probably too late. Four years in and Texas doesn't have a center ready to play football. So they break up one of the more effective pass blocking tackle duos in college football. Absolutely remarkable. Maybe we can shore up middle linebacker by playing Sam there. Would that be a good allocation of resources?"

If you follow recruiting, you might recall Chip Brown played a role in Bonito ending up at ou

• Hot Hot x 2
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Sam at linebacker? I think he’d be a beast. Interesting thought but of course not going to happen and probably for the best cause he’s the only leader we have and needs to be on the offense.