Texas Strong Tour - Coming to a City Near You

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Hook 'Em Danno, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Tour Dates. I seemed to recall Mack doing something similar, but it is still cool nonetheless.

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Am I the only one already sick of seeing "Texas Strong" references? I know it's the university doing it's best to market the new coach, but I just wanna see some bad *** playing and forget about all the cliche's.

Back on topic, it's a great idea to tour around getting the program back on everyone's mind in the most positive light possible.

3. SportsICT

SportsICT 500+ Posts

I like what they're doing. First stop....College Station. [​IMG]
    #Letsride!!

4. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Who gets the award for the zig-zag travel.
    It ends by going from Amarillo to Beaumont!

Most venues seem imaginative. Tyler is at a Holiday Inn!!

I did not see Collie Station. How did I miss it?

Also, there are only 11 cities, not 12. Why count Austin? Is that the 12th city? Was College Station on, and my screen isn't showing it?

5. OrangeOsoFu

OrangeOsoFu 100+ Posts

They are counting the spring game as the Austin stop. Note Houston is at Reliant. Best venue btw is Joe T's in Fort Worth.

6. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

7. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

If my memory is correct, Brown never came to Amarillo. Good for Strong to put Amarillo back on the UT map. Now if UT would get a local radio station to broadcast fb games here.

8. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I am not tired of Texas Strong. Its catchy, its symbolic of toughness, and its our coaches name. Whats not to like?

10. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I should have stated "local" radio station.

11. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

12. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

13. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

14. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

So DISH will be touring and promoting... while DirecTV execs are '___fill in the blanks___.'

15. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

What does each stop consist of? Is it Coach Strong addressing the crowd solely? Just want to get idea of the event.

16. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

I'm going to the Joe T's event, I'll let you know what went on. Maybe.....

17. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

The Joe T.'s stop is the best. That's why it sold out in a few hours. There was a Hillary fund raiser there in 2008 that sold out in an hour

MMmmmm...........queso....... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Too Slow to react. Corpus Christi sold out. Oh well. [​IMG]

19. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

Heres hoping TEXAS STRONG comes to Tulsa.

We need something to prepare and jack us up for next season.

lots of Longhorn Fans in this area!

[​IMG]

20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dillo,

You can thank Chris Plonsky for the excellent radio coverage. When she was placed in charge of that years ago, we were broadcast on KTRH, KRLD, WOAI, KLVI, among others. With her winning personality and brilliance, she promptly pushed us from KTRH, with one of the nation's largest listening areas to KPRC, which can be heard from Tomball to Pearland, not to mention KPRC was owned by an Aggie, who sat on the board of both the Twelve Man Foundation and The Corp of Cadets. Her charming personality rapidly moved our games to stations with a coverage area of less than three miles.

Her constant response was that the alums needed to pay for more advertising to get us on better stations.

FWIW, she called me direct back then to ask for a favor. A week later I called to complain about the deal she cut with Radio Aggie. Response - "Who are you? Do I know you?"

23. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts