Texas Tech Gametime- Hostile Environment?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by AlamoHeightsHorn, Oct 20, 2008.

1. AlamoHeightsHorn

AlamoHeightsHorn 100+ Posts

Is TV doing a 6 day window for the Texas-Tech game or will they set the time for the game sometime today?

Imagine it will be a 2:30 or 7pm ABC game.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. badandi

badandi 100+ Posts

If we don't hear today -- and soon -- ABC's using the six-day window.

3. starchild

starchild 500+ Posts

i hope it's 2:30. a night game in jones stadium is crazy. the last time i went to a night game there, i swore i'd never go back.

4. Cowtown_Red

Cowtown_Red 100+ Posts

My guess would be that they'll exercise the window, and if we beat KU Saturday then it will be the national primetime game.

5. thebuddha

thebuddha 25+ Posts

Starchild, I'm considering making the trip out to Lubbock. Were the fans that bad out there?

6. Cowtown_Red

Cowtown_Red 100+ Posts

Anywhere you go, there will be a few knuckleheads.

The fans are fine. Go to the game and have a good time.

7. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

8. AlamoHeightsHorn

AlamoHeightsHorn 100+ Posts

I guess 2:30 is out as they gave that slot to OSU-ISU per Big 12 Sports.com

are we a chance for 11am kickoff or 7pm kickoff?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

Don't ever skip a road game because you're worried about the other fans. As long as you don't act like a douchebag and taunt them, you'll be just fine (unless you happen to find yourself in Columbus, OH).

10. thebuddha

thebuddha 25+ Posts

Ha, no, not that it would stop me from going, and I wouldn't ask those aggies anything, but I was just wondering. It's going to depend more on whether I can get tickets or not and feel like making the drive...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. cowtown red, i know you want to belive there a few knuckeheads, but it's more than a few.

with that said.... i have a blast going to lubbock. boom boom cabaret me!

12. Lone_Star

Lone_Star 100+ Posts

7PM kick, per Mack press conference. Getting a lot of national love.

13. thebuddha

thebuddha 25+ Posts

Anyone know what the message boards for Tech are? I did a search and found only rivals and other junk...

I'm assuming they have a swap meet of some sort like us...

Thanks...

14. Cowtown_Red

Cowtown_Red 100+ Posts

Outside of the Rivals site, pretty much your only option is Raiderpower.com.

I don't recommend it. It's our version of texags.

15. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

I don't like 11AM kicks but I wish this one was at 11. 7 is going to be tough.

16. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

It is a 7:00 p.m. kick. On ABC if undefeated; on ESPN if losses.

17. SA_Town_Horn

SA_Town_Horn 500+ Posts

18. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

19. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

The Link

Time confirmed. As MikeUT00 said, it's pending the result of this week's games.

20. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

Their fans aren't that bad. I have heard all the stories but I haven't seen anything in Lubbock like you see at KSU or like the fans Stillwater throwing bottles at the Horns while singing the Eyes of Texas.

21. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

Let's hope Ron Franklin does the play by play on ESPN. [​IMG]

22. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

f**k, wish it wasn't a night game. Their fans will be even more crazy.

23. ChiroHorn

ChiroHorn 100+ Posts

Let's not as that means UT lost. I went to the last game in Lubbock. Had a great time.

24. NoColon

NoColon 25+ Posts

I have been to our last two games in Lubbock. I sat in the tech student section in 2004 and believe me they are bad. Watched them pour paint, milk, eggs, etc on our equipment truck. cops on horseback mowing people down and the list goes on and on. Dont talk to them and ignore them, thats the only way to go. And it will help if we kick their *** on the field. I cant wait.

[​IMG]

25. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

We gotta get plenty of orange in that place.

26. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

27. FloridaRaider5

FloridaRaider5 25+ Posts

I'll be going to the game with a Horn alumnus and I'm sure we will both have a great time. Of course there will be a small segment of prick fans. Ignore them and enjoy the game with other true fans.

28. starchild

starchild 500+ Posts

the knuckleheads are definitely the exception rather than the rule, but they are bad. i'm getting too damned old to deal with jackasses getting in my face trying to fight. (just because they are drunk, and i'm wearing an orange shirt.) i'm also getting too damned old to deal with crap being thrown at me from behind. (again, just because i'm wearing an orange shirt.) there were also a couple of incidents that i don't need to go into, but leaving the stadium was flat miserable. it was almost as bad as leaving the horseshoe after beating tosu. don't let the asswipes keep you from going. hell, i've sworn i'd never do a lot of things that i ended up doing again.

29. malageno

malageno 25+ Posts

I am a Tech season ticket holder and have not seen any visiting fans being harassed. If you are sitting in the student section with an other team's colors, then you will receive some ribbing but nothing too bad. I think most fans admire UT's football program and think it is going to be a great game.

My hope is that of course Tech beats KU this weekend and that Colt has another great game and UT donkey punch's okie light. Sooner or later, he has to have an off night and hopefully Colt has his off night in Lubbock. The only problem the past few seasons is that UT has coached and played very well versus Tech on offense.

30. crimsonlonghorn

crimsonlonghorn 100+ Posts

I went to the an afternoon kick there in 2002 (it was dark by the time the game ended) and swore I wouldn't go back because the only two times I have ever been to Lubbock, we lost (the other was 98).

There were more than a "few" knuckleheads and the place just about went nuts when the game was in hand - THE STUDENT SECTION LITERALLY PULLED A METAL BLEACHER LOOSE FROM THE CONCRETE AND WAS WAVING IT IN THE AIR until, presumably, security came over and hauled it away. It was pure pandemonium and just about as fun a football experience as I've ever had.

That game was also the night of this (and it was true, he absolutely tore us up):

[​IMG]

We got all kinds of verbal crap in the parking lot from drunks as we walked out, too, but nothing too serious.

But the reason that I'm not going back is because I'm superstitious, not because of the fans. It's college football and it's a great experience. Just don't be stupid and start anything yourself and you will be fine.